XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

12-19-2010, 11:05 AM   #1
yy22
Registered
Rep
Drives: x6m

How to active x6m Launch Control?

Hello All.

I am new here. Just got a 2011 X6m. Quick question, How should I turn on the launch control? press the M button and should I fully disable the DSC? I have alreay set the traction control off in M mode.

By the way, I tried to drift the car in snow, I put M button on traction control is off in this setting. Car can drift a bit, but it seems like there is still a traction control there. When it rev to 3000 rpm, it just cuts the gas. I tried to hold the DSC button for 10 secs and it shows DSC and DTC is all offf, but it still cuts off around 3000 rpm. Is there anyway to fully turn off the traction control?

Many thanks,
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
yy22
Registered
Rep

anyone knows?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
atom1200
Rep
Drives: X6M

yeah turn off all safety, hit manual 1st gear, brake.... and press gas until you see the checkered flag, keep the pedal to the medal or it won't auto shift
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #4
atom1200
Rep
Drives: X6M

becareful when drifting, keep it under control. These are powerful engines.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 11:26 PM   #5
yy22
Registered
Rep

great, I will try tomorrow. Thank you very much
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 02:27 PM   #6
X6Monster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X6M E71

Garage List
2010 X6M  [0.00]
2010 X6M  [0.00]
You don't need to take off traction control to be in launch mode. Make sure you don't sit there and wait for the turbo's to spool up to long. I find it launches best when you release the break right before 3,000 RPM's. Also you can launch in "S" mode except you wont get the checkard flag in the heads up display, and the car wont account for it actually launching which is actually safer in case you break something and have to take it in and BMW North America plugs in to the ECU and sees how many times you have been launching. FYI Trust me it happened to me. Snapped the half shaft on the rear driver side. They voided my warranty
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 02:26 PM   #7
flipside99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by yy22 View Post
By the way, I tried to drift the car in snow, I put M button on traction control is off in this setting. Car can drift a bit, but it seems like there is still a traction control there.
You're going to have a hell of time trying to drift an all wheel drive car... It's extremely difficult.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 04:11 AM   #8
charcoalwan
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F85

with snow in MDM mode , u can drift this thing like a pro .. but just remember the truck is so heavy once u lose control is hard the control
13 RDX
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 06:46 PM   #9
Rider1
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by charcoalwan View Post
with snow in MDM mode , u can drift this thing like a pro .. but just remember the Sport Activity Vehicle is so heavy once u lose control is hard the control
Fixed !

Dave
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 11:13 PM   #10
zaha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by X6Monster View Post
You don't need to take off traction control to be in launch mode. Make sure you don't sit there and wait for the turbo's to spool up to long. I find it launches best when you release the break right before 3,000 RPM's. Also you can launch in "S" mode except you wont get the checkard flag in the heads up display, and the car wont account for it actually launching which is actually safer in case you break something and have to take it in and BMW North America plugs in to the ECU and sees how many times you have been launching. FYI Trust me it happened to me. Snapped the half shaft on the rear driver side. They voided my warranty
They voided your warranty because you used launch control too many times. That's crazy. Where does it say you are not allowed to do it as many times as you want, or that it voids it? Wow, I would be so pissed if I heard that from a dealership!

Out of curiosity, how many times did you use the launch function?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #11
itsme123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 MCB F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaha View Post
They voided your warranty because you used launch control too many times. That's crazy. Where does it say you are not allowed to do it as many times as you want, or that it voids it? Wow, I would be so pissed if I heard that from a dealership!

Out of curiosity, how many times did you use the launch function?

LOL....he is taking the Fifth. Generally BMW will void your warranty if they find that the car has been abused.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 12:37 AM   #12
X6Monster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X6M E71

Garage List
2010 X6M  [0.00]
2010 X6M  [0.00]
Well, I was just putting it out there. Basically if you were to have any issues with your tranny or rear dif for any reason before BWM thought was normal they could use it against you. They didn't void my warranty because of launching but I was red flagged because I put after market parts on which they said caused the rear half shaft to break. I just put a full exhaust. They claimed the power from the new exhaust broke my axel. Really it probably was my chip combined with the exhaust! ;( WHat r u gonna do...It's fixed now anyway. P.S. I am selling my exhaust in the classifieds if anyone is interested. 100% Custom! Really great sounding. Super clean GREAT gains!!
Appreciate 0