XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

07-15-2010, 06:36 AM   #1
Zedexnineare
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 3.0SD X5

2008 X5 3.0SD PDC Alarming

Hi Everyone,
I have had an annoying continuous alarm sound whenever I put the car into reverse gear and engage the PDC / rear view camera.

At first I thought this was normal as I have only just taken delivery of the car but upon reading the manual it states that the audible sound should not annunciate (from the manual: However these sensors do not produce an accoustic warning until an object is 60cm away and approx 1.5m away in the case of the rear sensors).

As I drive closer to a wall or object etc and trigger the normal PDC limits or 60cm front or 1.5m rear the alarm changes to an intermittent alarm (beep) that becomes a continuous tone as you get closer to the object.

I'm thinking it may be a dodgy sensor that is picking up a false target but it has a different tone to the PDC alarm tiones.

Can anyone shed some light on the system?

Thanks in advance,
Z.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 11:01 AM   #2
BMW_Diesel_Owner
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X5 xDrive35d

I did some research, and learned that the sensors are like speakers. Since 1 of my PDCs have bubbled up, I'll scrape out the bubbles, and see whether that will fix the issue.
Appreciate 0