XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

07-08-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

X6: Possible M version spotted

Looks like there's going to be a new sheriff in town. The front appearance indicates it's indeed meant to be labeled as an ///M version.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080707....bmw-x6-spotted

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 05:52 PM   #2
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

people keep tagging(on many articles, forums) this as an "M" x6 because of the front which looks like the current x6 minus the fog lights and some bad cowling. The back looks like the trim was left off and maybe new mufflers ala x5 v8. Not seeing how folks are making the jump to "M"x6.
      07-09-2008, 02:14 AM   #3
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
people keep tagging(on many articles, forums) this as an "M" x6 because of the front which looks like the current x6 minus the fog lights and some bad cowling. The back looks like the trim was left off and maybe new mufflers ala x5 v8. Not seeing how folks are making the jump to "M"x6.
I think the only true "M"...... "Maybe" feature on this test car are the taped over area's at the top and rear of each front fender.The buzz is that the taped over area in these pic's are the "M gills" found on all BMW "M" cars.My sources at the plant, as long as two years ago, said there would be "M" models of both the X5 and X6.I don't think anyone right now believes the X5 will make the "M" cut.....to trucky....not in keeping w/ the "M" image.The X6 is a harder call for BMW regarding the "M" brand....very high performance gene's,very sporty look.I don't think the decision has been made yet regarding the X6 and "M" branding.Regardless of whether they are branded "M".....both the X5 and X6 will be getting very high performance models in the next couple of years.Thanks! PalBay
      07-09-2008, 10:24 AM   #4
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

I would also think that IF they ever did release a high performance version, they would lower the car somewhat. Judging by the pictures floating around, that X6 still has the stock height!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2008, 10:46 AM   #5
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

X6 performance model and hybrids

I just posted some similar photos this morning of the X6 in this guise as well as hybrid form. New shots of the X5 with the twin turbo has also been added.

The X6 has a better chance of being an //M than the the X5... the gills are not there on the X5.

http://www.bimmerfile.com/2008/07/09...6-x-drive50is/