XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

06-26-2008, 02:45 PM   #1
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: 35 D

Anybody knows what's the export price for 35i, or d to Europe?!

This dealer from Germany (unofficial BMW dealer) proposed me an X6 35d at 44,000 Euros (no extra options)!! + VAT, but I will pay the VAT in Romania, if. .I get it. Compared to the base price of official dealers here in Romania (52k) it seems rather low. I don't know if I should trust him, or not. . could it be a scam? He promised a three week delivery term. . .when official dealers talk about 6 months for delivery../ . .

If only I could know at what price an European dealer could import (in USD) from America. . .. .

BMW is distributing their cars worldwide only through their own network of dealers (BMW partners)?!?!?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
simon š
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw x6

You are looking for a full loaded car with tax, registration+fees 90.000 US,shipping costs around 2.200 US(depending of oil range),+10% EU(bill of sale on 55.000 US)+VAt in ROMANIA(or you can make a customs in germany 10%+19%).German homologation +1600 EUR+some costs(this is only a quick calculation).Price for this car in Slovenia fully loaded 122.000 EUR Before registration....
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2008, 08:59 PM   #3
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Ok, let me re-phrase it. How much is the stock 35i, unloaded, in the US???! And I don't want the catalogue price, of course. But the retail price, less VAT.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2008, 09:29 PM   #4
sigor111
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by akraptor View Post
Ok, let me re-phrase it. How much is the stock 35i, unloaded, in the US???! And I don't want the catalogue price, of course. But the retail price, less VAT.
I think that you don't understand the process. You can not buy BMW in USA unless you register it on a US resident, meaning if you register it on USA plates. and pay sales tax. Nobody will sell you any BMW unless you pay everything. You can not remove sales tax and ge money back.

Basic X6 with no options costs 52 500$ and it already comes with leather, all power etc. I hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2008, 09:53 PM   #5
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigor111 View Post
I think that you don't understand the process. You can not buy BMW in USA unless you register it on a US resident, meaning if you register it on USA plates. and pay sales tax. Nobody will sell you any BMW unless you pay everything. You can not remove sales tax and ge money back.

Basic X6 with no options costs 52 500$ and it already comes with leather, all power etc. I hope this helps.
Thanks, it helps. . .We get the stock price, here in Romania, of 52,000 Euros (less VAT,and insurance). for 35d. ..with no leather, no glass roof, no 20" Y wheels, no NAV, no curve lights, no 4-way aircon, no Lane Park Control, no running boards, etc. If we got, money on money, at the current currency exchange rate $/Euro. . .we should have paid only 33,419 Euros for the stock car. . that is almost 20 k less than the dealer's price. .here. Don't want to make the calculations for other EU countries with even more outrageous prices. .at the official BMW dealers. . .but a 20 thousand markup on the car.,. that goes into the pockets of dealers. . is . .outrageous.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 09:46 PM   #6
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Ok, so nobody knows the export price to Europe. . whatever.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 04:35 AM   #7
simon š
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw x6

Ive already told you ,90.000 US with shipping to eu.Almost full option.3.5i
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 05:31 PM   #8
keanu1
tiamat
Romania
Rep
Drives: 525 d

Quote:
Ok, so nobody knows the export price to Europe. . whatever.
i think it's cheaper to import from us. I saw an m3 on autovit brought from u.s and it's much cheaper than europe ones.
But i think that the u.s cars are diferrent from europe cars in quality.The u.s cars have poor quality!
i bought an x5 from Gemany and the dealer i bought had 2 bmw m5 , one from u.s and one from Germany, both from 2006. The one from u.s was 10k cheaper.I asked him why is so and he told me that the u.s cars are not the same qulity!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 05:47 PM   #9
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by keanu1 View Post
i think it's cheaper to import from us. I saw an m3 on autovit brought from u.s and it's much cheaper than europe ones.
But i think that the u.s cars are diferrent from europe cars in quality.The u.s cars have poor quality!
i bought an x5 from Gemany and the dealer i bought had 2 bmw m5 , one from u.s and one from Germany, both from 2006. The one from u.s was 10k cheaper.I asked him why is so and he told me that the u.s cars are not the same qulity!!!
Quality is the same for BMW!! The difference is in the price!! That is, European dealers charge almost the same price in EU as Americans charge in $$$. .That is, about 20 grand more. . in Europe. So it's a matter of rip off, not quality.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 10:43 AM   #10
keanu1
tiamat
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Quality is the same for BMW!! The difference is in the price!! That is, European dealers charge almost the same price in EU as Americans charge in $$$. .That is, about 20 grand more. . in Europe. So it's a matter of rip off, not quality.
i have doubts about that!!! Makes no sense!! The americans are better people, they don't need money!!
Go to AUTOJILLE on DN1 BUCURESTI-PLOIESTI and see they have a bmw x5 from u.s.. Ask him about the quality of that car and see what the answer is!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 06:18 PM   #11
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

keanu1. ..I know you are Romanian as I am. . but. . .X6 is made in America. .and BMW will not compromise on quality. .wherever they build their cars. .Really, I don't know why you have to say what you are saying on an American forum. So. . .X6 is made only in America. that is. .your reply is totally-unproductive to me. . I still want badly an X6, whatever crap you say around.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 06:55 PM   #12
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by keanu1 View Post
i have doubts about that!!! Makes no sense!! The americans are better people, they don't need money!!
Go to AUTOJILLE on DN1 BUCURESTI-PLOIESTI and see they have a bmw x5 from u.s.. Ask him about the quality of that car and see what the answer is!!!
Sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about. Go post on a different forum if you don't have anything productive to add.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #13
keanu1
tiamat
Romania
Rep

Quote:
keanu1. ..I know you are Romanian as I am. . but. . .X6 is made in America. .and BMW will not compromise on quality. .wherever they build their cars. .Really, I don't know why you have to say what you are saying on an American forum. So. . .X6 is made only in America. that is. .your reply is totally-unproductive to me. . I still want badly an X6, whatever crap you say around.
i'm telling you only to be carefull and check out what i'm telling you!!!
i don't know for sure if it is like that because i didn't buy a car made in u.s. for the u.s.

If you are from Bucharest please go to AUTOJILLE and ask the owner of the car park !! What are you going to loose???
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2008, 09:39 PM   #14
sigor111
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Guys,

I know that you are jelous that we can buy cars cheaper in USA, but you have to understand that it is a problem with US dollar and competition in US market. BMW actually increases prices in USA at least once or twice a year, but beacuse on that market you have Lexus, Acura, Infinity and other brands that are competing for their market share, BMW can't be too expensive or they will not sell cars.
Remember hen Euro - Dollar as 1:1. The prices were still the same, and cars in US were still cheaper. That is what I call market economy and competition.
Second thing that I wanted to give answer is regarding the quality of cars on the US market.
When you talk about luxury market, meaning: BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Lexus etc. there is no difference in quality between US and Euro markets. The only difference is that computers in the cars are programed differently to meet different specs required for the US market.
Appreciate 0