XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

06-17-2008, 08:50 AM   #23
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
My dealer told me that I can request either an addition or deletion of any kind of optional item that is available for a particular model. Basically the way this works is that your dealer has to email BMW in Germany and ask if it is doable. Assuming you request this before or during the time your car is being build, and they can accommodate your request, you will have to pay for the cost of the optional item or change request along with a custom order fee.
According to my dealer you are only half correct. The "special order" fee is if you DELETE something from a package. Example: I don't want running boards or a ski package but I do want headlamp washers. The only way to do that in Canada is to order the silly "Activity" package and then pay an extra $400 to delete the running boards and ski pass-through. I don't want headlamp washers that badly!

I hope your guy is right and mine wrong. Please let us know the outcome of your ordering special parts.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 09:34 AM   #24
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie's Dad View Post
According to my dealer you are only half correct. The "special order" fee is if you DELETE something from a package. Example: I don't want running boards or a ski package but I do want headlamp washers. The only way to do that in Canada is to order the silly "Activity" package and then pay an extra $400 to delete the running boards and ski pass-through. I don't want headlamp washers that badly!

I hope your guy is right and mine wrong. Please let us know the outcome of your ordering special parts.
Well, my dealer told me that he has done a few custom orders in the past. For example, he had another customer that wanted his new car in a colour that BMW does not carry (at least not for any current model). They sent the request to Germany and they gave the go ahead for it. The customer had to pay about C$2000 for the paint and an additional $450 for the custom order.

Now he is unsure if this special order fee is per optional item or if its one fee for multiple options. I sure hope its one fee for multiple options since I have a couple of items on my list that I would like to add...
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 09:38 AM   #25
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by morty View Post
Interesting... What are the options which are available to German buyers that are not listed for North American drivers?
I made a list of the options I am most likely interested in that don't appear in any NA brochure. Unfortunately, I left that list at home... I'll have a look if I can figure this out again from what I have here...

I'll post my findings a little later.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 11:05 AM   #26
simon š
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw x6

this chrom lanes are fantastic ,i we just saw today one 35d in looks so much better.......
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 11:14 AM   #27
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon š View Post
this chrom lanes are fantastic ,i we just saw today one 35d in looks so much better.......
When you say chrom lanes, what exactly are you referring to ?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #28
simon š
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw x6

chromn lanes besides windows (not rubber or black shine) ,they are left and right look for pic for black 5.0 with roof rails
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 04:18 PM   #29
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
... he had another customer that wanted his new car in a colour that BMW does not carry (at least not for any current model). They sent the request to Germany and they gave the go ahead for it. The customer had to pay about C$2000 for the paint and an additional $450 for the custom order.
That was probably "BMW Individual". It is a program that can be applied to any BMW sold -- they will supply just about any available option but, as you note, for a price!

I can never figure out why Canada and the US have to buy options in packages, while the rest of the world gets to pick from an a la carte menu. The vehicles are made in the US, for heaven's sake! Of course, I also can't figure out why all BMWs are 15% more expensive in Canada than the US when our dollars are more or less at par. I guess the answer is: Because Canadians keep buying them at that price.

[End of rant.]
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 05:00 PM   #30
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie's Dad View Post
That was probably "BMW Individual". It is a program that can be applied to any BMW sold -- they will supply just about any available option but, as you note, for a price!

I can never figure out why Canada and the US have to buy options in packages, while the rest of the world gets to pick from an a la carte menu. The vehicles are made in the US, for heaven's sake! Of course, I also can't figure out why all BMWs are 15% more expensive in Canada than the US when our dollars are more or less at par. I guess the answer is: Because Canadians keep buying them at that price.

[End of rant.]
I like your rant and I fully agree with you.

Germany for example offers one package for the X6 which basically preconfigures some of the sport package features but still lets you modify that selection. I wish they would offer the same here....
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2008, 01:51 PM   #31
steve hill
Registered
Rep
Drives: x6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirees01 View Post
Great pics Palbay
Personally, I don't think they look good on an X6. But that's my own personal opinion.
totally agree
wouldnt put them on mine
Appreciate 0