XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-16-2009, 10:35 PM   #1
DoctaM3
500+ HP Club
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i8; 2023 BMW M4 CSL

Garage List
2023 BMW M4 CSL  [0.00]
2008 Audi S6 V10  [0.00]
2014 BMW i8  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [0.00]
Question No Official Delivery of 2010 X6M until October 16th? WTF???

So, my new X6M is scheduled to go into production any day now. I was planning on doing a Performance Center Delivery--plan was for end of September. Then comes along the news the BMWNA does not plan to formally release any of the vehicles until October 16th.
I saw the email myself from the performance center (the one they sent my dealer).

Now, I know there are at least 2 folks on here who have taken delivery but these are apparently dealer demo units (which technically should not be sold for 90 days--LOL, which dealer do you know who will forego a sale in these times). Even if you choose dealer delivery, there is still the same problem--no delivery until mid-October! ugh!!!

So, my question is, has anyone else heard this? Anyone else with a week 38/39 build date?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 10:54 PM   #2
SandmanTR
Bleeds Black and Gold
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 (Oct 6 ED) & '14 M6 GC

Garage List
2010 X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaM3 View Post
So, my new X6M is scheduled to go into production any day now. I was planning on doing a Performance Center Delivery--plan was for end of September. Then comes along the news the BMWNA does not plan to formally release any of the vehicles until October 16th.
I saw the email myself from the performance center (the one they sent my dealer).

Now, I know there are at least 2 folks on here who have taken delivery but these are apparently dealer demo units (which technically should not be sold for 90 days--LOL, which dealer do you know who will forego a sale in these times). Even if you choose dealer delivery, there is still the same problem--no delivery until mid-October! ugh!!!

So, my question is, has anyone else heard this? Anyone else with a week 38/39 build date?
My local dealer had told me roughly the same thing. They had a production slot open but would not see the vehicle till after the middle of October. I just happen to be fortunate enough to have a ton of BMW dealers all within 90 miles of where I live so I just looked around until I found a dealer demo with the options I wanted in Alpine White which they gladly sold to me.

Any chance of another dealer having a demo they may be willing to part with? Something close?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 09:14 PM   #3
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

My Performance Center delivery is October 29th.

"BMW Performance Center Delivery

The Ultimate Delivery Experience™

Dear Mr. 997GT3(my edit),

We are excited you have chosen to take delivery of your new vehicle at the BMW Performance Center. Your delivery experience will be unlike any other in the automotive industry.

Your Performance Center Delivery for production number 7413#### is scheduled for 10/29/2009. You will stay the evening prior to your delivery at the Greenville Marriott as our guest.

Please do not make any travel arrangements until three weeks prior to your delivery date. Due to production schedules, weather, or other unforeseeable circumstances, your delivery date may need to be changed prior to that three week window. In the unlikely event we are notified of a delay for your vehicle, we will contact you immediately to arrange a new date.

A tour of the BMW Manufacturing facility is typically part of the delivery program. However, BMW Manufacturing occasionally closes to visitors and tours when sensitive operations are taking place or if it is deemed a non-production date. Please Note: BMW Manufacturing has gone to a four day work week in an effort to reduce costs and the amount of energy consumed by the plant and its employees. Friday’s are now a non-production day for the plant and tours will not be offered. If you are unable to tour the factory on the day of your delivery, you will still have the opportunity to visit the BMW Zentrum museum and experience a virtual tour of the BMW plant. Once public tours resume, you are welcome to tour the facility as our guest if you re-visit the area."

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2009, 08:35 AM   #4
DoctaM3
500+ HP Club
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i8; 2023 BMW M4 CSL

Garage List
2023 BMW M4 CSL  [0.00]
2008 Audi S6 V10  [0.00]
2014 BMW i8  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [0.00]
Update on Delivery

Well, I just heard that all the 2010 so far are getting held until mid-October for release.

That's a bummer. Any one else hear any thing different?
Appreciate 0