XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-04-2009, 10:34 PM   #1
LANDLORD
Turbo Engines are Fun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6M Monte Carlo Blue

Any pictures of X6M Silverstone II Interior?

My dealer now has an allotment for me. I thought I had decided on the black interior, but now I may want to go with the Silverstone. I am getting the Monte Carlo Blue exterior, and Full Merino Leather, with the Carbon Leather trim, so maybe the contrast would look better. I need to get over to the dealer and look at the samples. With the fires this week out here, it was not a good week to go. Any and all comments welcomed.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
LANDLORD
Turbo Engines are Fun
United_States
Rep

I found a simulation at the Canada BMW site.

This is a simulation. I will know more of my allotment on Wednesday.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 03:30 PM   #3
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANDLORD View Post
My dealer now has an allotment for me. I thought I had decided on the black interior, but now I may want to go with the Silverstone. I am getting the Monte Carlo Blue exterior, and Full Merino Leather, with the Carbon Leather trim, so maybe the contrast would look better. I need to get over to the dealer and look at the samples. With the fires this week out here, it was not a good week to go. Any and all comments welcomed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LANDLORD View Post
This is a simulation. I will know more of my allotment on Wednesday.
The Silverstone seems to have a silver/blueish cast to it, or is my monitor? I absolutley love the Carbon Leather trim.

Black is always impressive, but my initial impression is the Silverstone has a very distinctive look that you won't get with black - almost something you'd see in the 7 series. I was wondering when you did you simulation, did it produce color swatches for the exterior as well? Need to see the blue and the Silverstone side by side.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2009, 08:26 AM   #4
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Just picture google X5M interior and you will see plenty. BMW used that interior colour as their show colour.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2009, 10:42 PM   #5
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

I saw a silverstone II on silverstone II X6M at my local dealership last weekend while looking at M3's. The interior color is very light. I wouldn't even describe it as gray. It's about as light of a gray as you can get. Lighter than Jade Gray in the 3-series. I didn't notice any blue in it at all. It looked really nice. I'm going back this weekend and will take a picture for you if it's still there.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2009, 11:15 PM   #6
LANDLORD
Turbo Engines are Fun
United_States
Rep

That would be great, Thanks for the Update!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
I saw a silverstone II on silverstone II X6M at my local dealership last weekend while looking at M3's. The interior color is very light. I wouldn't even describe it as gray. It's about as light of a gray as you can get. Lighter than Jade Gray in the 3-series. I didn't notice any blue in it at all. It looked really nice. I'm going back this weekend and will take a picture for you if it's still there.
I was thinking it was a little darker than you describe. This is very good information, Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2009, 12:41 AM   #7
mikeauto6
Rep
Drives: 05 645 m/bodykit etc..

by far the best intr. color on the m cars.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2009, 02:19 AM   #8
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Good luck keeping it clean though!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2009, 09:42 PM   #9
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeauto6 View Post
by far the best intr. color on the m cars.
You're right it's beautiful, but for my money I like the Bamboo Beige.

Sunday I sat in a MX6 M, and I just about wet my pants wishing I could drive it out of the store. Bamboo Beige int w/ White exterior.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2009, 02:18 AM   #10
LANDLORD
Turbo Engines are Fun
United_States
Rep

I talked to the dealer today. One of the two demo's they have, has the Silverstone interior with the Carbon Trim. I am going over there on Saturday to check it out and get a test drive. My order is now in the system, and they are waiting for the build date on it now.

I have always purchased limited edition, rare vehicles, and this one will easily be the rarest one yet. It will also be the most expensive by a HUGE amount. I almost bought a Viper several years ago, but I ended up renting two of them, and got it out of my system. That car was just not practical for every day, but I loved how it looked and drove. I was so glad I got away with all that I did to those two cars.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #11
LANDLORD
Turbo Engines are Fun
United_States
Rep

I have pictures now...and I drove it!

Today I went to the dealer to check out the two X_M demo vehicles.
They had the following:
X5M Silverstone Exterior with Silverstone Interior and Carbon Leather Trim.
X6M Alpine White Exterior with Bamboo Beige Interior and Red-Brown wood Trim. As you will see the wood trim looked very good with a nice grain pattern. Also the Carbon leather trim went well with the Silverstone. The Silverstone exterior and interior looked really nice.

I went for a nice drive that included city and highway driving. The X6M only had 50 miles on it. Just touching the throttle immediately produces a surge in torque. I experimented with M mode and the transmission shifted fast and smooth, and when l left off of the throttle it stayed in gear. I did not floor the vehicle. I was more concerned with passing power, handling, and braking.
It is a dream to drive. The steering wheel is very beefy and has a wonderful leather covering. It feels nimble and tight. It does not feel like a big or heavy car.

In town, it was shifting out of first too soon for my liking, and trying to get into high gear to save mileage, but I am sure I can customize that to make it more to my tastes. There were times I was in too high of a gear, and when stepping into it, it did not seem to want to downshift at part throttle. Of course the paddles are right there and you can make it go down, but I need the part throttle situation to immediately grab a lower gear. That is also something I would like to customize.

The heads up display is absolutely fantastic, with the ability to select what you want to see. It shows up way out there, just floating, and below somewhat your normal line of sight. Just right.

The iDrive display is very nice, with easy menus and big fonts that are easy to read. I had the sales guy show me a few things, but I figured I can figure all that out later.

Neither of these vehicles had the Extended or Full leather. The X5M had almost no options for a price around 91K. The X6M price was about 95K. As usual, I didn't even turn on the radio.

The exhaust has a servo valve in two of the pipes. This should only open above a certain RPM or throttle setting. The exhaust pipe size under the car is very generous, and at least 2.5 inches in diameter, maybe slightly more. It is also all mandrel bent. Both pipes join a single huge muffler that goes from side to side under the back.

The intercoolers are good sized high performance units. I am a little concerned though that a rock could get through the grills and do damage. The openings seem a little generous considering how low they are. It may be a good idea to add another screening layer behind the grills for protection. Under the hood is a tight fit with not much available space left.

The front brakes are huge, and the calipers are monoblock and very large. The brakes have a nice application, and are powerful. I was also pleased that I could left foot brake as that is how I drive automatics now for many years.

All in all, this is a very capable, impressive toy, with lots of things to play with and lots to like. Expensive yes, but I watch the car auctions a lot, and guys are throwing this kind of money and much more around quite a bit these days. For my hard earned money, this is going to be a long lasting good time with this vehicle. It does what many good cars do, it does many things well and looks good doing it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #12
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

Thanks for taking the time to provide a great write-up and pix too...

I had the honor of owning and E46 M car and they are special editions, potent and intoxicating - congrats!!

What do you think of the X6m as an everyday driver?

Lastly, do the wheels/tires look more aggressive in person? That's the one aesthetic of the X6M that I might mod

THX!!!
      09-13-2009, 02:24 PM   #13
LANDLORD
Turbo Engines are Fun
United_States
Rep

This would be a fantastic daily driver. You have the power, and the engine is smooth and responsive. The transmission was also taking care of business very well.

The wheels are more impressive in person. They have a heavy look to them, with a 3D quality that looks better in person than in photos. This is especially true with the X5 wheels. Overall though, I think they could have done a better job for the wheels on these M vehicles. I especially like the wheels on the concept car photos, and was sad when they were not used on the production version. They were similar to the M6 wheels. A wheel upgrade could do wonders for the looks, or it could kill it, of course depending on style, and size.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2009, 02:55 PM   #14
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

That red is very impressive!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2009, 08:45 PM   #15
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
The X5 M interior is beautiful with the carbon trim! I wish I could have ordered the carbon trim with my X6.
Appreciate 0