XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-05-2018, 09:01 AM   #1
vstrong50
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5

Dreaded "Seat Calibration" message - Can Carly help?

After my battery needed a jump, I have the "Seat Calibration" warning message on. I have tried all recommended fixes to no avail. In research, it seems a trip to a detailer (floor mat in the way) or low battery usually triggers these messages.

I recently purchased the Carly adapter and app, can this clear that code? I tried yesterday to clear all faults, but alas, "Seat Calibration" remains!

Any help appreciated and thank you.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 08:30 AM   #2
2slick4u
Corporate Thug
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 X5 30i

Had the same issue. Tried to calibrate the seat via the owners manual which didn't work. It drove me crazy. So I brought the issue up to my INDY when I took the e70 in for an oil change.

He confirmed that when that message appears the seat software needs to be updated to the latest version at "stealership". The recalibration steps in the owners manual are solely there to get the owner to do just that. He updated the seats software during that visit at no additional charge.
Appreciate 0