XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-25-2014, 09:43 PM   #23
particulardude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR4 | L405 SC SWB

Glad you're alright. Footage is amazing. I must get one.

Instagram@particulardude
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 12:12 AM   #24
howiedds
D.D.S.
Rep
Drives: 12 AW E70 X5d

yeah due to it being a lease, i dont get any money from it...only regret i have is that i paid the taxes upfront..which is the money i really lost. Doesnt really have to do with fair market value etc, just can't get the same lease deal that i had with the diesel.....diesel is in high demand now, any of the car makers that have diesel suv are not really discounting on those engines. and the 2014 X5, forget it, no discounts/incentives around here in NYC area...too high of demand for these babies...my lease guy told me allocation numbers are hard to get because BMW is sending all these cars to China..

Ins company says i have the rental until the 31st and i need to find a car asap. My leasing guy/friend couldn't find any good lease deals for the x5 that i wanted. It was literally came down to the toureg vs the jgc v8. i figured, wtf, lets try the jeep, and the 2014 JGC look pretty mean and are the same size as the X5. Oh yeah Hemi was nice too.

check the "for sale" section if anyone is interested, i've listed all the undamaged parts i was able to remove from her and some wheels and tires i had that i was saving...

Thanks for everyone's concern and support. Hopefully I'll be back in another x5 in 3 years
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 11:37 AM   #25
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
Ouch. That looks like a hard hit. Glad that you are okay.

I feel like dashcams are a must nowadays. It's always your word against the other drivers. I hate how people lie about accidents, but they do.

Here's footage from my accident last year when I got sideswiped:
Great footage. What camera are you using? The quality is very good.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 11:39 AM   #26
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWdewd View Post
mitch808- you're 100% accurate!

Can you post some footage for us please? I want to see the quality.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 11:41 AM   #27
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by howiedds View Post
yeah due to it being a lease, i dont get any money from it...only regret i have is that i paid the taxes upfront..which is the money i really lost. Doesnt really have to do with fair market value etc, just can't get the same lease deal that i had with the diesel.....diesel is in high demand now, any of the car makers that have diesel suv are not really discounting on those engines. and the 2014 X5, forget it, no discounts/incentives around here in NYC area...too high of demand for these babies...my lease guy told me allocation numbers are hard to get because BMW is sending all these cars to China..

Ins company says i have the rental until the 31st and i need to find a car asap. My leasing guy/friend couldn't find any good lease deals for the x5 that i wanted. It was literally came down to the toureg vs the jgc v8. i figured, wtf, lets try the jeep, and the 2014 JGC look pretty mean and are the same size as the X5. Oh yeah Hemi was nice too.

check the "for sale" section if anyone is interested, i've listed all the undamaged parts i was able to remove from her and some wheels and tires i had that i was saving...

Thanks for everyone's concern and support. Hopefully I'll be back in another x5 in 3 years
My bad - didn't know you were leasing.
2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe Msport Black Sapphire Metallic on full black merino leather. 20" M5 343M wheels for summer, 20" 373 wheels for winter with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded snow tires. M6 CP exhaust with M6 Diffuser and ///M Performance carbon fiber finisher. Mission Performance stage 1.5 and transmission tune.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 12:48 PM   #28
xXSupa
IG @F30_MPE
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 F30 340i MPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Great footage. What camera are you using? The quality is very good.
MateGo MG188

One of the better chinese dashcams out there
Appreciate 0