XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
NANDOM5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M E 70

Garage List
2009 BMW X5M  [0.00]
X5M Power upgrades (Supersprint + ECU...)

Hi up, guys.

Nice to meet you all. I'm writing from Spain. I own an '09 EDM X5M with a rear Ac Schnitzer exhaust. Rest is stock..........by the moment.

I'm looking to upgrade my car and i've been talking to G-power, Active Autowerke, ESS, PP Performance, Etc....... My best selection by now is PP-Performance who offers the "Stage 2" package consisting of software + downpipes that would run on 650HP/850NM and i think it's worth the money (6500$ aprox...)

My second "homemade" selection is to install all the Supersprint exhaust line (except for the rear exhaust) plus headers (not available at Supersprint, any suggestions???) and look for a good tuner (Active Autowerke Performance Software + Hand held programmer sounds great, waiting for your feedback...http://store.activeautowerke.com/act...ware-p150.aspx
http://store.activeautowerke.com/act...imon-p211.aspx)

With Supersprint i decat completely and hope sound and throttle response to be amazing!!!

Any other advices??? The problem is i live overseas and in my country there's no choice at all.......

When i owned my ex '09 GTR i worked with Benji Linney from GTC and my car was tuned by means of COBB. I managed a perfect ROCKET and i would like to achieve the same stuff again!!!

So nice to meet you again and loving to hear your preaches!!!

Pics of my car:

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
NANDOM5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW X5M  [0.00]
What a nice reception........
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
cegeste
Rep
Drives: F06,i01

Not the most active of sections here. I'm contemplating simliar options as well to what you have listed.

Have you looked at Evolve-R for tunes? Do you have any video/audio of your AC Schnitzer exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #4
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Different Ones

Congrats on the new car and enjoy in good health!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #5
mrmomo313
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

i've seen a lot of videos of pp performance x5/x6m's on youtube and they look pretty fast. if warranty wasnt an issue for me I would consider getting SS catless dp's with the ess tune.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #6
Biff Grissel
stankmouth
United_States
Rep
Drives: fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NANDOM5 View Post
Hi up, guys.

Nice to meet you all. I'm writing from Spain. I own an '09 EDM X5M with a rear Ac Schnitzer exhaust. Rest is stock..........by the moment.

I'm looking to upgrade my car and i've been talking to G-power, Active Autowerke, ESS, PP Performance, Etc....... My best selection by now is PP-Performance who offers the "Stage 2" package consisting of software + downpipes that would run on 650HP/850NM and i think it's worth the money (6500$ aprox...)

My second "homemade" selection is to install all the Supersprint exhaust line (except for the rear exhaust) plus headers (not available at Supersprint, any suggestions???) and look for a good tuner (Active Autowerke Performance Software + Hand held programmer sounds great, waiting for your feedback...http://store.activeautowerke.com/act...ware-p150.aspx
http://store.activeautowerke.com/act...imon-p211.aspx)

With Supersprint i decat completely and hope sound and throttle response to be amazing!!!

Any other advices??? The problem is i live overseas and in my country there's no choice at all.......

When i owned my ex '09 GTR i worked with Benji Linney from GTC and my car was tuned by means of COBB. I managed a perfect ROCKET and i would like to achieve the same stuff again!!!

So nice to meet you again and loving to hear your preaches!!!

Pics of my car:

09 x5m? did they release them in europe earlier than here? and IMO i would go with a full akra catless dp's and ful exhaust with ess tune that is the best sounding most effective set up available i think. nice truck
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 06:41 AM   #7
NANDOM5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff Grissel View Post
09 x5m? did they release them in europe earlier than here? and IMO i would go with a full akra catless dp's and ful exhaust with ess tune that is the best sounding most effective set up available i think. nice truck

Sure, Biff. BMW is European.......

First EDM units released july-aug '09. Mine was an "Dealer ownership" and it's pretty equipped but the rear climate.

Regards

PD: Cool mods that you posted......!!!

Last edited by NANDOM5; 03-23-2012 at 06:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 06:44 AM   #8
NANDOM5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cegeste View Post
Not the most active of sections here. I'm contemplating simliar options as well to what you have listed.

Have you looked at Evolve-R for tunes? Do you have any video/audio of your AC Schnitzer exhaust?

Not yet, mate.

Give me a few weeks and i will show you nice vids........

I'm having troubles to find the headers. Do they worth it? Is it going to be a REAL great mod??? I'd like to know the real difference between stocks and G-power's, for example..........

Regards
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #9
NANDOM5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmomo313 View Post
i've seen a lot of videos of pp performance x5/x6m's on youtube and they look pretty fast. if warranty wasnt an issue for me I would consider getting SS catless dp's with the ess tune.

Well.......mine finished its warranty one year ago and it's only 14.500miles, so i prefer to hold the breathe when remapping.......
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 06:55 AM   #10
NANDOM5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar@VelosDesignwerks View Post
Congrats on the new car and enjoy in good health!

Nice to meet u and thanks for the reception...

What about headers, Omar???

Appreciate 0