XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Vendors Classifieds

10-09-2014, 02:49 PM   #23
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Another car that I did while up in norcal / Bay Area. The owner of this red BMW E90 325i sedan had me vinyl wrap his roof in the 3m di-noc matte carbon fiber material. After doing the roof, he decided to have me also lightly tint / smoke his tail lights. Took some pictures of the tail lights inside and also outside to give you an idea of how it looks in different lighting conditions. Everything is custom cut / trimmed to the car, to make sure fitment is perfect and covers the whole / full area unlike pre cut pieces, which usually end up being a bit short around the edges.

Before:

Driver side (left) stock - Passenger side (right) tinted / smoked:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2014, 03:04 PM   #24
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Here is a silver E92 328i coupe that I blacked out the chrome / brushed aluminum window trim with my matte black vinyl material. The car was relatively stock, but getting rid of the chrome still made a big difference on the overall look of the car. We went with the matte black over the gloss black to match the other matte pieces that were already around the window trim. The owner of this car drove out to me from around Long beach to Anaheim Hills.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2014, 02:29 PM   #25
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

The owner of this black BMW E60 550i sedan brought me his car because he was having issues with his factory original paint fading. I went over with him and options that were available for his car, and we decided on going with my gloss black vinyl to give him back that factory finish look. Although minor pits and such still showed through the material, overall, I think the results and pictures speak for themselves. It was a huge improvement over what the owner was dealing with before, as far as the condition of his roof was concerned. The owner of this car was also in Orange County and brought his car to me in Anaheim Hills to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 04:51 PM   #26
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

I applied my gloss black vinyl wrap material to his roof. I had some requests for closer up pictures of around the sunroof and antenna areas, to squash any doubts or worries that some had regarding those two areas. As you can see, everything is done very neatly and there are no seams or exposed areas of paint there. The owner of this car was around the Inland Empire area I believe, and came out to me in Orange County to have his roof done.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 11:54 PM   #27
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

This is for those who own wagons, since it's not as common to see modified wagons as it is for sedans/coupes. I previously blacked out the window trim and tinted the red portion of the tail lights on this BMW E61 5 series wagon. This time he came back to have me wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. I did the entire roof and the small top section of the rear spoiler, following the lines of the roof. The owner of this car was from Newport and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. This was a big roof to do, and I haven't done many wagons, so this will help other wagon owners get an idea of how it looks like on such a long car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2014, 11:28 AM   #28
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Starting to get more of the new BMW 3 series F30 bodies come in like this white 328 sedan. I vinyl wrapped the roof on this car in my gloss black vinyl material. This car was pretty interesting because it did not have a sunroof, which most newer cars always comes with. Turned out nice. Mirrors were already black from the factory as well as the shadowline window trim on the car. The owner of the car drove out to me in Orange County / Anaheim Hills to get the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2014, 12:28 PM   #29
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

In addition to vinyl wrapping, I have started offering plasti dipping services.

I did quite a bit of work on this Black Mercedes Benz E350 blutech. I blacked out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim, lower chrome door pieces, and rear trunk chrome bar with my gloss black vinyl material, lightly smoked/tinted the tail lights, plasti dipped the wheels, rear badges, and front grill. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the front grill after I was done. The owner of this car came from San Diego up to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work and plastidip work done on his car.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted/smoked - Passenger/right side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2014, 01:45 PM   #30
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

On cars that are slightly darker, the 3M matte carbon fiber dinoc material gives the car a very subtle look from far away and only until you get up close to do you see or notice the actual weave of the carbon fiber vinyl material. The owner of this grey/silver BMW 335i coupe had me wrap his roof with the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber material. He drove out from Garden Grove to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to get the work done. He also had me paint his antenna matte black to go along with the roof, somewhat similar to how the factory BMW M3 antennas are gloss black to go with the real gloss carbon fiber roofs.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 11:41 AM   #31
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

For this white BMW 335i E92 coupe, I vinyl wrapped over the original factory chrome/brushed aluminum window trim with my gloss black vinyl material to give it the OEM factory sport package window trim look. This is a good alternative to those who didn’t get cars with the sport package or don’t want to spend the high costs of replacing the trim pieces with OEM pieces. The benefit of this is that it is also reversible if you ever wanted to go back to the chrome finish. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county to get the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 11:46 AM   #32
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

The owner of this grey BMW F06 650i gran coupe had me wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. We went with the gloss black vinyl material to try and match the already large glass roof that is on the car, to complete the all black roof look. In addition to the roof, I did the rear roof spoiler on the car, chrome fender side grills and chrome door handle trim pieces in the matching gloss black vinyl materials. The owner of this car was in Yorba Linda and actually just down the street from my shop in Anaheim Hills/Orange County.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 11:06 PM   #33
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

The owner of this black BMW E70 X5 4.8is SUV brought his car in to have me apply my light tint smoke film on his tail light pieces. I took a picture of his car before the tail lights were tinted next to a similar X5 that had its tail lights tinted for a side by side reference of how the film makes the tail lights look before and after. The film is a very light shade, to sort of mimic the LCI style tail lights which already come slightly darker from the factory, however, at a fraction of the cost. The owner of this car was from Orange County as well and brought his car out to me in Anaheim Hills to do the vinyl work.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 09:30 PM   #34
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

For this rare estoril blue E46 M3 coupe, I installed my gloss black vinyl material to the roof of the car. If I can remember correctly, the paint that was already on the roof was not in that great of a shape, so the owner wanted to cover it up and prevent it from further deteriorating and as a non permanent solution until he had the roof repainted. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hill/sOrange county to have the work done. I think the gloss black finish went well with the bright blue color of the car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 03:06 PM   #35
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

On this white BMW 328i E92 coupe, I vinyl wrapped the roof of the car with the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber finish for the roof. The mirrors on the car are real carbon fiber mirror caps, for those who want to see how the 3M dinoc material contrasts with other real carbon fiber accents on the car. We also went with a gloss black antenna for the roof, similar to how the E90/E92 M3 antennas are with the real carbon roofs. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl wrap work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 09:17 PM   #36
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

I have had more people tint their head lights recently, since the film that I use is fairly light, it doesn’t affect the light output of the head lights (or tail lights) as much as darker films would. I lightly smoked/tinted the headlights on this black BMW F10 535i sedan. I took some comparison pictures inside and outside, to show how in darker lighting, the tint/smoke shade is more obvious, but out in sunlight, it blends in with the rest of the car and almost disappears. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the tinting work done on his car.

Before:

Left/passenger side stock - Driver/right side smoked/tinted:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 02:53 PM   #37
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

The owner of this car is another previous return customer of mine. He brought his white BMW E60 M5 by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material to give it the panoramic roof look. The gloss black roof really tied the look of the car together, since the car had other gloss black accents/pieces on it already. The owner of this car was in Orange County as well and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done. I took some close up pictures at the side and front edges of the roof, since I had a couple of people ask for me to post some more pictures of those areas.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 11:49 AM   #38
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

The owner of this white Ferrari FF coupe has had several of his previous cars worked on by me in the past for different vinyl wrap projects. *For his Ferrari FF, we went with the my gloss black vinyl materials for the roof of his car to give it a panoramic roof look and also give it a more aggressive look. *Even though the car already stands out from other cars, the gloss black roof really changed the look of the car even more in a positive way. *The owner of this car was local to me in Yorba Linda and came out to my shop in Orange County to have the vinyl work done. *Also, the purple hue in the pictures was because this car was finished just as the sun was going down and the lighting of the sky was a bit purpleish that day, which translated over into the pictures.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 04:21 PM   #39
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Took quite a few pictures of this blue BMW E39 M5 sedan in various lighting conditions and angles to show how the tint/smoke material that I use for the lights look. The owner of this car had me lightly smoke and tint both the head and tail lights of his car with my film material. As you can see, indoors, the smoke shade is more noticeable, but once outside in the sun, the tint film gives it a very nice subtle slightly darker shade/look to the lights. In addition to changing the look of the lights, the film also protects the lights from fading and rock chips/pits. The owner of this car drove from Westminster to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the tint work done on his lights.

Before:

Passenger/left side stock - Driver/right side tinted/smoked:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2015, 06:57 PM   #40
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Although it’s more common to see 3 series and 5 series guys getting their roofs wrapped, I still think that the gloss black roofs on a bigger bodied car like this alpine white BMW F01 740i sedan still gives the car both a very luxury and sporty look at the same time. We went with the gloss black for his roof and also did both side roof rails that ran from the bottom of the front windshield all the way to the rear windshield. The owner of this car was from around Costa Mesa and came out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 05:55 PM   #41
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

For some reason I forgot to take pictures of the rear bumper diffuser piece before wrapping it, but I had someone request a picture/example of how a black diffuser would look on the rear of a 2015 F82 M4 coupe. The owner of this Alpine White M4 had me wrap the rear center diffuser section in my gloss black vinyl material, to give the car a slightly more aggressive look. The owner of this car was also in Orange County and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to have the vinyl work done. This is a good option for those who want a slightly more aggressive look without going an aftermarket route and also being able to go back to the stock/factory color as well.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 01:40 PM   #42
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

I had some people request for pictures of how it looks like if the side roof rails were not done. For this grey/silver BMW E92 335i coupe, I blacked out the roof with my gloss black vinyl material, to give it the panoramic roof look. In addition to the roof, I also applied a clear yellow film to the fog lights of the car. The gloss black roof maintains a factory OEM look and on a darker colored car, it creates a nice subtle effect and change to the car. The owner of this car came out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 11:22 AM   #43
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

The owner of this alpine white F12 650 or 640 coupe was from Diamond Bar and came over to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have me do the car wrap on his car. We went with my gloss black vinyl material for the roof of his car, to complete the glass panoramic look for the car. The owner decided to leave the roof rails white and did not have me vinyl wrap them along with the rest of the roof for this car wrap.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 05:30 PM   #44
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

This is a bit different, but I know you guys seeing more pictures of various and different type of wrap jobs than the regular roof, trim, etc wraps. I did a partial car wrap for the top half of this 2013 white Land Rover LR4 HSE. For this car wrap, we did the top half of the car in 3M 1080 gloss black vinyl material. I believe the owner of this car said that it’s suppose to resemble how the new Range Rover Autobiography editions come from the factory. I took two pictures of the during vinyl wrapping process, to show you guys how what it looks like during the transformation. The owner of this car was in Irvine and came out to me in Anaheim hills/Orange county to have the car wrap done for his car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0