XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-24-2008, 10:33 AM   #1
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Talking 2008 USA X6 Brochure

I noticed a while back that the 2008 X6 brochure (at least the online PDF version) had a misprint. It stated in the Exterior section of the specifications on page 13 (of 19) that the X6 (the 35i and 50i) would come standard with:

Rear-window wiper/washer with adjustable wiping interval

I'm not sure if there is a newer version of this brochure and if they removed this. Just thought this was interesting. Either they used a different brochure and just edited it for the X6 or they originally did have plans to put a rear wiper in!

Anybody else noticed this?
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2008, 10:47 AM   #2
Anteater
An Englishman in Chicago......
United_States
Rep
Drives: VR X6 35i

Yes, I noticed that too when I was buying my 35i. I presume they copied pieces for the brochure from the X5 version!! Due to the steep slope of the rear window I have not yet needed a rear wiper during nearly 11,000 miles of driving the X6 - the air movement just blows off any rain or moisture.

Cheers, Anteater.
Appreciate 0