XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-24-2008, 06:03 AM   #1
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

500 Mile review X6 35D

OK no huge reports;
I have covered 500 miles now and here are my thoughts;

MPG locally is 30 MPG, around the local roads (not a lot of city driving)

Fully loaded up on the motorway doing 50 mile+distance runs; so far 30.7 MPG this is at motorway speeds with the max load and people on board.
Please note; I am not hammering it, just driving normally.

The size; well it's big, and it does take up a large car parking space, so supermarkets are a no no if you want to keep your car scratch free.
Disabled bays and mother with child bays are ok, so if you are in those positions you are fine.

Driving on small country roads takes some getting used too, the car is wide and if you boot it you must keep eyes wide open, as big vans and X6's on the same stretch can cause some belt tightening.
Cornering is nothing short of sensational, really tight bends can be taken with power ON, it just ignores the weight transfer and flys.
Power: I have fitted the P-Tronic Box, a 2 min job as the top cover unclips and the connections are just on top of the engine, it has improved the performance and the car really goes above 2K RPM, economy; not sure yet seems the same but I am using the go peddle a bit.
The car is very comfortable for 4 people full stop.
Best regards J
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2008, 08:18 AM   #2
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

nice report,thanks! hope you can send few more pics!

what about seats comfort,you have 20 inch on it..do you feel every single hole on the road,or do you have flying feling...i guess you have adapitive drive...

thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2008, 09:15 AM   #3
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

Thanks for the writeup...sounds like your enjoying your X6!!! Many safe miles! Thanks! PalBay
      09-24-2008, 10:14 AM   #4
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

"The size; well it's big, and it does take up a large car parking space, so supermarkets are a no no if you want to keep your car scratch free."

what I do is back into spaces (even at work), since most folks pull in head first and leave more space for driver to get out. This reduces the chance of door ding.
Thanks for the report.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2008, 10:25 AM   #5
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
"The size; well it's big, and it does take up a large car parking space, so supermarkets are a no no if you want to keep your car scratch free."

what I do is back into spaces (even at work), since most folks pull in head first and leave more space for driver to get out. This reduces the chance of door ding.
Thanks for the report.
Hey dmlgc, different question for you.... I believe you are driving a Space Gray Metallic with Black Nevada Leather interior ?

How do you like the black interior?
Does it get uncomfortably hot in the sun?
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2008, 11:59 AM   #6
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Hey dmlgc, different question for you.... I believe you are driving a Space Gray Metallic with Black Nevada Leather interior ?

How do you like the black interior?
Does it get uncomfortably hot in the sun?

No , I've taken trips to Arizona, Nevada and no issues. I do have the ventilated seat option which works a lot better than I expected ( you can actually feel the coolness).
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2008, 12:16 PM   #7
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
No , I've taken trips to Arizona, Nevada and no issues. I do have the ventilated seat option which works a lot better than I expected ( you can actually feel the coolness).
Thanks. I ordered mine with the black ventilated seats as well. I just wish they had the oyster color available with the ventilated seat option
I just love the dual color look of the oyster on black. but because I wanted ventilated seats, I had to go with black (I can't stand beige...).

My wife was concerned that the black interior would get too hot in the sun so I just wanted to hear from someone else that has black seats what their opinion is. Again, thanks a bunch.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2008, 12:55 PM   #8
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

i have black seats on my x3,without ventilton, and it is ok..so, dont worry!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2008, 01:26 PM   #9
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
i have black seats on my x3,without ventilton, and it is ok..so, dont worry!
My previous car was black on black and the leather seats did get quite hot in the sun in the summer time. That's why I wanted ventilated seats.

Just have to wait for my new car ....
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2008, 04:46 PM   #10
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
nice report,thanks! hope you can send few more pics!

what about seats comfort,you have 20 inch on it..do you feel every single hole on the road,or do you have flying feling...i guess you have adapitive drive...

thanks again.
Yep 20" 259, no you don't feel every pot-hole it rides very well, and NO adaptive drive, the car does not need it.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2008, 01:42 AM   #11
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Yep 20" 259, no you don't feel every pot-hole it rides very well, and NO adaptive drive, the car does not need it.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0