XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-10-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

BMW to continue niche vehicle stategy

"According to Automotive News, BMW will follow up its X6 utility vehicle with a niche vehicle based on the company’s 3-series. No word on exactly what form the new model will take, but the company’s new “Progressive Activity Sedan” design style is the most likely candidate."
http://www.leftlanenews.com/bmw-to-c...e-stategy.html

Now an X4 would be cool. if not too big something my wife would buy, she drives a 330i.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2008, 04:38 PM   #2
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
"According to Automotive News, BMW will follow up its X6 utility vehicle with a niche vehicle based on the company’s 3-series. No word on exactly what form the new model will take, but the company’s new “Progressive Activity Sedan” design style is the most likely candidate."
http://www.leftlanenews.com/bmw-to-c...e-stategy.html

Now an X4 would be cool. if not too big something my wife would buy, she drives a 330i.
+++1 for the X4 and the PAS seems to be a very interesting ride...X6 looks on the new 5 Series platform...more room inside vs a standard 5 Series.Interesting concept.Thanks! PalBay
      09-13-2008, 09:45 AM   #3
lonely_dxb83
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

I hope BMW stop producing more SUV, SAV or PAS,, I think X3, X5 and X6 are enough for BMW.. if you walk on street,, X3 wont even appear,, you can see X5 and X6 these days,, but X3 maybe hard to see... I dont see any reason to produce more new truck models..
I wish they produce 8 series fast which I hear that it will be based on CS concept..
I think 8 series will get more attention in the market...
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

BMW will produce what sells and everyone else will copy it, as it is now and shall be in the future.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 07:20 PM   #5
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: 35 D

" hope BMW stop producing more SUV, SAV or PAS,, I think X3, X5 and X6 are enough for BMW.. " I would say, neah. . .as long as they come up fast with real hybrid versions. .sorry lonely_dxb83 .
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 08:04 PM   #6
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by akraptor View Post
" hope BMW stop producing more SUV, SAV or PAS,, I think X3, X5 and X6 are enough for BMW.. " I would say, neah. . .as long as they come up fast with real hybrid versions. .sorry lonely_dxb83 .
I think the main attraction for crossovers is they are high and can easily accomodate hybrid technology without taking over trunk space as in the case of many hybrid cars.

I think as more attractive cross overs hit the market, consumers will gravitate to them as they can fill many needs without multiple cars. i.e. Luxury sedan, utility, towing, some mild offroad and snow areas.

In the past folks would have to have 2 or more cars to have all of the capability. Fuel prices aside, one car that does many things is aatractive to a lot of folks.