XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-25-2008, 05:15 PM   #23
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Frankly,i dont care..i will never need such a huge power.car with 400 hp is a beast, more than that is insane.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2008, 07:51 PM   #24
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
if you want both in a X6 then get European spec model it's 0-60 is 4.8.
Or just have your local tuner reset it to European Specs.
No such thing as european spec for the X6 50i. Road and Track powerbraked and loaded torque converter to get those times.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2008, 08:06 PM   #25
rockmed
Private
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
No such thing as european spec for the X6 50i. Road and Track powerbraked and loaded torque converter to get those times.
Turned off traction control as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2008, 08:38 PM   #26
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:

Ok I realize I'm pissing on the gods here but you're wrong. My wife's 330 came tuned to European spec (that's what I call it) and we received a notice from BMW that we had to take it in to the dealer to get the software reprogrammed or it would not be registered. The dealer said it hadn't gone through a delivery center and had to be reset. Before this she got about 30 mpg and it went like hell, after mileage is maybe 23 mpg and it's not as fast as it was.

Some of the folks that work at the local dealers know how to reset the computer to be like non us models, this is what I call European Spec. it's rumored that for some money on the side you can have your BMW reset, even an X6.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2008, 10:39 AM   #27
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
Ok I realize I'm pissing on the gods here but you're wrong. My wife's 330 came tuned to European spec (that's what I call it) and we received a notice from BMW that we had to take it in to the dealer to get the software reprogrammed or it would not be registered. The dealer said it hadn't gone through a delivery center and had to be reset. Before this she got about 30 mpg and it went like hell, after mileage is maybe 23 mpg and it's not as fast as it was.

Some of the folks that work at the local dealers know how to reset the computer to be like non us models, this is what I call European Spec. it's rumored that for some money on the side you can have your BMW reset, even an X6.
You might be correct about some of their models being tuned slightly differently in US or Europe. I was just stating that to my knowledge for the X6 50i there is not a european spec version that can be ordered and was told that the X6 50i there is the same as in the US. The one in the magazine was the same one that is available in US.

I know in the past with cars like M3, M5, etc. they were slightly tuned differently with more power in Europe.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2008, 11:30 AM   #28
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

That is very interesting,i wonder why is that?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2008, 03:44 PM   #29
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
You might be correct about some of their models being tuned slightly differently in US or Europe. I was just stating that to my knowledge for the X6 50i there is not a European spec version that can be ordered and was told that the X6 50i there is the same as in the US. The one in the magazine was the same one that is available in US.

I know in the past with cars like M3, M5, etc. they were slightly tuned differently with more power in Europe.
I have always called non US versions European Spec, I agree you can't order them. Since the X6 is produced in the states guess it's one version but it can be tuned. I wonder since BMW is going to be producing more models in the states (at their ever expanding plant) if the Europeans will get same model or will they be "retuned" at European delivery center. Not likely something anyone will talk about.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 06:57 PM   #30
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparikh1207 View Post
You'll love the ML550, the 2009's have some great improvements, especially in the NAV and body kit. I was also on the fence about which one to get, but have no regrets with getting the ML. It looks great. I took delivery a month ago, and have been loving it. The new NAV is just like the S and C class and 10000x better than the old command. Also the power is great, but get the air suspension. If you put the car in sport mode, it becomes a whole different beast, it lowers the car and stiffens the suspension and you can fly through the corners.
(Late response to your post. I've been off for a week's fall camping. Dinosaur Provincial Park in Alberta -- yellow/gold trees, sunny, crisp fall weather, good hiking, lots of steaks, plenty of wine, beautiful! Only ten vehicles in the campground for most of the week; one morning we were surrounded by about 50 deer. Couldn't ask for better camping conditions.)

Yes, I got the air suspension on the ML550. That's what sold me -- soft cruising comfort with good roadholding on the twisties.

The dealer stepped up to the plate on the damage to the X5. I dropped the car off before we went away and I should get it back on Monday. No idea whether the repairs will be OK, but they use a well-respected body shop so I'm optimistic.

Damn, and now I have to wait until January for the new vehicle!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2008, 01:58 AM   #31
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
That is very interesting,i wonder why is that?
Co2 output for one, the euro cars are always faster and in many cases more economical.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2008, 04:02 AM   #32
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

yes i have noticed that..in catalogue european cars always have more HP than american.
Appreciate 0