XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-15-2008, 08:25 PM   #1
bak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6

New Owner with Questions

Great forum, I have a 09 X6 on order, I am told it will be built the first week of October. I have been thru all 13 pages of this forum twice and still have some questions.

1) Has anyone put a trailer hitch on the X6 ? Do you have a picture of it ? Was it the BMW or aftermarket ?

2) I am interested in a set of 20" Style 214 wheel for the summer season. I have looked all over this site and others for a classified section, but no luck. Any suggestions were I might purchase a set gently used ?

3) Any idea how to confirm that I actually have a car on order for the week I was told ?

Thank you in advance for your help !
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2008, 10:08 PM   #2
x5mmm
!
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 4.8i

2- I think you can find on eBay I've seen some there.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2008, 11:32 PM   #3
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bak View Post

3) Any idea how to confirm that I actually have a car on order for the week I was told ?
Shortly after I ordered mine my salesman gave me a production number ( this is pre-vin) , you can login to the bmw owners circle (https://www.bmwusa.com/Secured/Content/Forms/Login.aspx)
and there is a "Track Your BMW" link. You can enter the production number and sort of track it , You don't get the "putting in windows" level of detail but you will know when it starts to get built.

Also at some point it will show exactly what options are being put on.
Almost forgot when you first check your production number it might not show your car but
something else ( think it showed mine as a black 335), apparently they reuse production numbers.

Last edited by dmlgc; 09-16-2008 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: additional info
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 03:08 AM   #4
PeTo_H
Private
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: '99 528iA, X6 35i on the way

Quote:
1) Has anyone put a trailer hitch on the X6 ? Do you have a picture of it ? Was it the BMW or aftermarket ?
Trailer hitch is OEM, you can order it along with your X6, have seen it in person and until you look undrer the rear bumber you can not seen where it will be fitted.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 04:37 AM   #5
Daniel B
X6 Driver
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 3.5D

Quote:
Great forum, I have a 09 X6 on order, I am told it will be built the first week of October. I have been thru all 13 pages of this forum twice and still have some questions.

2) I am interested in a set of 20" Style 214 wheel for the summer season. I have looked all over this site and others for a classified section, but no luck. Any suggestions were I might purchase a set gently used ?

Got trailer hitch on mine. Will try to take some pics whn its put on (Its BMW hitch)

You can find some pics when its de attached here
www.carlskoga.com/x6
      09-16-2008, 09:42 AM   #6
drrosnrosn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ordered BMW X6 35i

Bak - good questions, I am also thinking about putting a hitch on my X6 but worry about it looking too obtrusive.

When did you place your order for your X6. I placed mine 7/21 and my dealer has still not been notified for production allotment. I have also read online that the 09's should begin production in October but again, no confirmation on mine. Just wondering...http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/images/smilies/sigh.gif

Also, do you get a tracking/production number before allotment or not until after?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 10:05 AM   #7
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrosnrosn View Post
Bak - good questions, I am also thinking about putting a hitch on my X6 but worry about it looking too obtrusive.

When did you place your order for your X6. I placed mine 7/21 and my dealer has still not been notified for production allotment. I have also read online that the 09's should begin production in October but again, no confirmation on mine. Just wondering...http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/images/smilies/sigh.gif

Also, do you get a tracking/production number before allotment or not until after?

The day I ordered I was told my production week number, a few days later received the production number.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 10:22 AM   #8
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:

The European and North American hitch system is different. The European one is next to invisible when you remove the ball hookup. I had asked my dealer about a hitch a few times and they told me that it is a dealer installed option. I looked through BMWs parts database and found the system they use in NA. It does not appear to be as invisible as the European one

I am still considering to add the hitch hookup but would really like to see it first before they mess up the back of my car...

Anybody from the US or Canada with an X6 with trailer hitch that would like to share a picture of it with us???
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 01:33 PM   #9
bak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thank you for all the quick responses.

DRROSNROSN,
I placed the order on 9/3/08, I was told production week 39 and should have my car last 2 weeks of October. I am in S.E. Michigan. I too was told I would get a number to track the car on line, however when I called yesterday 9/15/08 no number yet.

XDRIVE50I,
Very interesting post regarding North American and Euro Hitch. I would obviously prefer the less visible hitch. Any ideas on how to get pictures of both ? Do you know how to get on BMW's European Website? Do you have a part # for the Euro Hitch ?

Thanks again
Brian
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 03:17 PM   #10
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for all the quick responses.

DRROSNROSN,
I placed the order on 9/3/08, I was told production week 39 and should have my car last 2 weeks of October. I am in S.E. Michigan. I too was told I would get a number to track the car on line, however when I called yesterday 9/15/08 no number yet.

XDRIVE50I,
Very interesting post regarding North American and Euro Hitch. I would obviously prefer the less visible hitch. Any ideas on how to get pictures of both ? Do you know how to get on BMW's European Website? Do you have a part # for the Euro Hitch ?

Thanks again
Brian
Bak, here is a link to the German X6 Configurator page:

http://www.bmw.de/de/de/newvehicles/...figurator.html

Option 235 on the X6 is the 'European Style' trailer hitch with removable ball. When you select option 235 it automatically adds option 233 which increases the towing capacity of the X6.

I would have to look up the actual part number for the hitch tonight if you are interested in it.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 04:45 PM   #11
bak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Bak, here is a link to the German X6 Configurator page:

http://www.bmw.de/de/de/newvehicles/...figurator.html

Option 235 on the X6 is the 'European Style' trailer hitch with removable ball. When you select option 235 it automatically adds option 233 which increases the towing capacity of the X6.

I would have to look up the actual part number for the hitch tonight if you are interested in it.
Yes please, I contacted the parts department here were my car was ordered and they said they do not show a Euro Hitch. He did say if I got a part # he could get it. You also mention option 233, could you please explain ?
Thank you again for your help.
Brian
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 08:54 PM   #12
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yes please, I contacted the parts department here were my car was ordered and they said they do not show a Euro Hitch. He did say if I got a part # he could get it. You also mention option 233, could you please explain ?
Thank you again for your help.
Brian
Bak, have a look at the following thread:

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171609

I am not sure what size ball the Euro hitch uses and if it is compatible with North American trailers!

Option 233 increases the towing capacity from 2700kg to 3500kg for break assisted trailers for up to 12 deg incline.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 02:17 AM   #13
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Bak, have a look at the following thread:

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171609

I am not sure what size ball the Euro hitch uses and if it is compatible with North American trailers!

Option 233 increases the towing capacity from 2700kg to 3500kg for break assisted trailers for up to 12 deg incline.

Hope that helps.
I did not know that..cool info about option 233!
Appreciate 0