XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-12-2008, 04:50 PM   #1
nic
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 IS250 AWD

6 Disc Changer

Hi All!

I just ordered an X6 35i last week, and I was wondering whether a 6 Disc Changer is standard. I know there is a Multimedia Changer in the Premium Sound Package, but I am just curious about whether or not the 6 CD Changer comes with the car without the Premium Sound Package. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2008, 05:12 PM   #2
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

In Canada the changer has been deleted from '09s regardless of which sound system you get.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2008, 10:46 PM   #3
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic View Post
Hi All!

I just ordered an X6 35i last week, and I was wondering whether a 6 Disc Changer is standard. I know there is a Multimedia Changer in the Premium Sound Package, but I am just curious about whether or not the 6 CD Changer comes with the car without the Premium Sound Package. Thanks!
For the Canadian market, the DVD changer pre-wiring in the glove compartment box has been removed for all X6 09 models. That means that even the dealer won't be able to retrofit the DVD changer!

There is no explanation from BMW Canada why they removed this option. The only logical explanation would be that because most people these days use wither a USB stick, MP3 player or ipod/iphone device to play their favorite music and no loger use CDs (especially in changers). As a compensation, the 6FL option now includes the ipod/iphone cable (this was something you had to purchase separately for the 08 model)!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0