XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

09-22-2022, 10:47 AM   #1
BoilerMakerATX
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5d, F90 COMP

DIY: Fix brake pad sensor quickly and reset brake warning light

I recently purchased a 2012 X5d and when I asked for a second test drive of the car before buying it, I noticed the rear brake pad sensor was pulled out of its place. Not sure if one of the buyers did that in order to devalue the car or the sensor popped out on its own (because it was in place the first time I saw the car few days before that). I went to the shop who did the repair so they could fix it (should be covered under workmanship warranty) and the guy was very agitated about it. He asked me to drop the car off for few hours! Silly goose, it takes very little time to replace the sensor so not sure what the fuss is about with him... shop name is Dr Beemer in Austin Texas. He fiddled with his keyboard a little and said ok sensor is ordered and we'll call you when it's here but of course they never did.

So I did a quick fix to get rid of the brake light in my face since the brakes are brand new. You can always do this fix and replace the sensor later or if you're experienced DIY'er then you'll know when the pads are worn out with a quick peek.

Anyways, hope this helps someone out there

https://youtu.be/3tNolxWcOmg
Appreciate 0