XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #45
snipez999
Private
Rep
Drives: X6M50d

Quote:
Sorry I confused you with another forum member who said he is moving from a 40d to 50d.
That was me

I missed the first batch and have just had my order locked down to amber stage ready for an end of November delivery. I scraped in there with the addition of TV function and detachable towbar as not going for the roofbars this time (plus wifey has an X5 40d for trips to Ikea )

I am curious as to whether, with an October build scheduled, the car will have any of the 2013 car's bits and bobs on it(??) but either way it's a cracker.

Harveyten there is a white demonstrator up for sale at Blue Bell BMW in Wilmslow Cheshire (UK) if interested (driven past it for the last 3 months so perhaps keen to get rid at good price?)
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 07:38 AM   #46
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
congrats.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 09:20 AM   #47
snipez999
Private
Rep

Woohoo build date confirmed at w/b 8 Oct. Hoping for calm conditions in the Atlantic around end October then!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #48
England
Rep
Drives: X6 M50D

You will love it......its a great car.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 02:29 AM   #49
peterc1962
Rep
Drives: X6 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by England View Post
You will love it......its a great car.
Hi England
I am also enjoying the X6 M50d a lot, greatest car for me ever
One question I have for you:
I do not notice any difference when I press the "Sport" button just below the gear stick. The ride definitely doesn't get firmer or anything. Took it to my dealer and we went for a drive and he claims he felt the steering stiffening up a tiny little bit when "Sport" is pressed but also he said that he couldn't feel any difference in the suspension.

What is your experience with that? Notice any difference?

My dealer didn't know how different that should get as it was the first of those models that went out and as this version already has a stiffer suspension than the other versions he wasn't sure either how much difference one should feel.

Would appreciate any feedback you have on that issue, thanks.
Peter
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 03:44 PM   #50
snipez999
Private
Rep

Is the sport button on this model not just the 40d equivalent of DS mode - knock gearlever to the left and access either DS *or* manual change; is now converted to *just* manual change mode, with the sport/DS setting now being a separate button?

Way to prove this is if you get gears holding revs for longer when you are in 'sport' mode.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #51
England
Rep

Sport Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterc1962 View Post
Hi England
I am also enjoying the X6 M50d a lot, greatest car for me ever
One question I have for you:
I do not notice any difference when I press the "Sport" button just below the gear stick. The ride definitely doesn't get firmer or anything. Took it to my dealer and we went for a drive and he claims he felt the steering stiffening up a tiny little bit when "Sport" is pressed but also he said that he couldn't feel any difference in the suspension.

What is your experience with that? Notice any difference?

My dealer didn't know how different that should get as it was the first of those models that went out and as this version already has a stiffer suspension than the other versions he wasn't sure either how much difference one should feel.

Would appreciate any feedback you have on that issue, thanks.
Peter
Hi Peter

I do notice a difference when engaging the Sport Button.

The steering tightens and becomes more responsive.

The suspension becomes noticeably harder.

I did compare the 2 settings when driving at speed on nearby country lanes and you definately notice a difference.......

If I do not engage the SPORT button it is a more softer/comfortable ride but the corners have more roll effect.

The sports mode gearbox obviously runs independently to the sport button and with both engaged this car flies.

If you cannot notice a difference with the Sport Mode I would suggest something might be wrong!

Does "SPORT" appear on the computer screen on the dashboard when engaged?

Have you tried both settings on small fast bends as you will notice a difference then and to be fair will be difficult to notice when driving in a straight line!

I will be out in it tomorrow and be able to give more specific feedback.

Ian
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 12:13 AM   #52
rios0311
Private First Class
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X6 ActiveHybrid

Just wondering, why does this model have the same hood as the ActiveHybrids to? The hood has the "power bulge" to provide clearance for the hybrid system.

What does the diesel use the "bulge" for?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 12:58 AM   #53
England
Rep

I think it is for looks only and has now performance benefit from what I can see.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #54
peterc1962
Rep

Thanks England, yes the "sport" shows in the dashboard but really no difference in the ride, I guess I need to bring it in.

And the buldge in the hood is for looks only, plenty room under the hood so it is not necessary. In Switzerland it's not even standard on the M50d so I had to pay for it
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #55
rios0311
Private First Class
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X6 ActiveHybrid

I like the look that the bulge on the hood provides. I'm happy with my bulge!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 12:12 AM   #56
England
Rep

Sport Button -Adaptive Drive

Quote:
Thanks England, yes the "sport" shows in the dashboard but really no difference in the ride, I guess I need to bring it in.

And the buldge in the hood is for looks only, plenty room under the hood so it is not necessary. In Switzerland it's not even standard on the M50d so I had to pay for it
Peter

I have been out yesterday testing the SPORT button.

In the manual it describes this button as switching between Normal mode and Sport mode in the Adaptive drive.

On a straightnline to be fair it is fairly hard to tell the difference unless you ride over rough surface or speed bumps and then you can definitely tell the difference.

However when I took it down some country lanes the difference in cornering is significant.So I would recommend testing on some tight fast bends if you haven't already done so.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 12:18 AM   #57
peterc1962
Rep

Quote:
Peter

I have been out yesterday testing the SPORT button.

In the manual it describes this button as switching between Normal mode and Sport mode in the Adaptive drive.

On a straightnline to be fair it is fairly hard to tell the difference unless you ride over rough surface or speed bumps and then you can definitely tell the difference.

However when I took it down some country lanes the difference in cornering is significant.So I would recommend testing on some tight fast bends if you haven't already done so.

Good luck.
Hi England
I've tested it any which way, took it to the alps on some seriously twisty roads but as mentioned, no difference.
Don't get me wrong, this car already has a very sporty set up in the normal position and you can really push it around corners but still there is some space left for more so I gotta take it to the dealer and look at it.
thanks for the feedback.
Cheets
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 02:09 AM   #58
England
Rep

Quote:
Hi England
I've tested it any which way, took it to the alps on some seriously twisty roads but as mentioned, no difference.
Don't get me wrong, this car already has a very sporty set up in the normal position and you can really push it around corners but still there is some space left for more so I gotta take it to the dealer and look at it.
thanks for the feedback.
Cheets
Hi Peter

Sadly sounds like its not working....hopefully be a quick fix!

Ian
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 04:09 AM   #59
England
Rep

Some more pics.......
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 01:32 AM   #60
peterc1962
Rep

for those with questions about the powerdome, here's a bit a close up, I think it looks cool, but that's obviously very personal, to each his own...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 02:17 AM   #61
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
for those with questions about the powerdome, here's a bit a close up, I think it looks cool, but that's obviously very personal, to each his own...
It def looks cool, I remember that it does effect visibility a bit, checked it out once on the hybrid and it did seem effecting a view a bit on the road/front of the car. It could have been the seat setting in the salon. I do like that BMW is offering this as an actual option, just because it looks better (to some people).
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 02:19 AM   #62
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Some more pics.......
Thanks for posting! Interesting ther is no model designation on the side like other X6 models. Car looks great!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 02:25 AM   #63
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipez999 View Post
That was me

I missed the first batch and have just had my order locked down to amber stage ready for an end of November delivery. I scraped in there with the addition of TV function and detachable towbar as not going for the roofbars this time (plus wifey has an X5 40d for trips to Ikea )

I am curious as to whether, with an October build scheduled, the car will have any of the 2013 car's bits and bobs on it(??) but either way it's a cracker.

Harveyten there is a white demonstrator up for sale at Blue Bell BMW in Wilmslow Cheshire (UK) if interested (driven past it for the last 3 months so perhaps keen to get rid at good price?)
Oh, its you. Thanks for clearing that up . Well, I was just talking to a good friend of mine (who is nuts about BMWs) and he thinks me buying a X6 50d is not a good idea mainly because he thinks I will not be so crazy about the car, bcs I already have quite a similar car (engine aside, of course ) for that engine by the way! BMW has changed not so much on the inside, like dials have an ///M print on them, but they are more/less the same, and the HUD is the same, etc.... Perhaps you can write a small comparison once you receive your car .
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 03:17 AM   #64
England
Rep

Quote:
Peter

Do you have the X6 M50d badge on the back....or have you de-badged?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 04:09 AM   #65
peterc1962
Rep

Quote:
Peter

Do you have the X6 M50d badge on the back....or have you de-badged?
I have ordered it without the badge.
I personally think it's an ugly half a meter long badge
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 07:50 AM   #66
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I have ordered it without the badge.
I personally think it's an ugly half a meter long badge
I would have the dealer take of X6 and leave ///M50d. That way looks cleaner. I removed xdrive on mine (one the side), as I think it looks too busy.
Appreciate 0