XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-26-2019, 07:16 PM   #1
Spyro235
Captain
Rep
Drives: '10 X5D, '04 330i ZHP

Front outside pdc support?

Hi, I’m wondering how the front outside pdc support is meant to mount to the bumper. I bought it with the front passenger sensor fallen into the hole, and the sensor works fine, it’s just hanging inside the bumper because theres nothing holding the little positioning support to the bumper. Looks like the previous owner tried to dual side 3M it in place, but it’s too cold for my 3m VHB to really make a good bond. My backing/ support piece seems to have clips, but my bumper doesnt look like it has any clips/ attatchments to keep the pdc support in place. The car clearly has bumper Into something, so it wouldn’t surprise me if the clips were broken off, but there’s no sign of any clips on the bumper, it’s perfectly flat. I’m just not sure how to proceed, and get my PDC back to
100%. Does anyone have any light to shed on my issue? Thanks in advanced!
      02-26-2019, 08:17 PM   #2
9vapors
Major
Rep
Drives: CB X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro235 View Post
Hi, I'm wondering how the front outside pdc support is meant to mount to the bumper. I bought it with the front passenger sensor fallen into the hole, and the sensor works fine, it's just hanging inside the bumper because theres nothing holding the little positioning support to the bumper. Looks like the previous owner tried to dual side 3M it in place, but it's too cold for my 3m VHB to really make a good bond. My backing/ support piece seems to have clips, but my bumper doesnt look like it has any clips/ attatchments to keep the pdc support in place. The car clearly has bumper Into something, so it wouldn't surprise me if the clips were broken off, but there's no sign of any clips on the bumper, it's perfectly flat. I'm just not sure how to proceed, and get my PDC back to
100%. Does anyone have any light to shed on my issue? Thanks in advanced!
I can't offer much, but here they are on eBay. Is yours missing any of the rear tabs or look different?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4PCS-662092...MAAOSw4M5bwWDn

Maybe missing this piece?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-X5-E7...-/253817595530
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 11:33 PM   #3
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Just had bumper off this past weekend to replace pdc orings, pix below

Set of mounts, but you need the ones for the E70...
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...SABEgL3lPD_BwE
Attached Images

02-27-2019, 11:57 AM   #4
Spyro235
Captain
Rep
Drives: '10 X5D, '04 330i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by argento View Post

Are those the center sensors or the outside sensors? For some reason I think those might be the inner ones?

I think what happened is that the top clip that's molded onto the bumper broke off when it was hit, and therefore I don't have anything that positions/ fastens the plate. Your picture is super helpful, because it shows me that there definitely WAS a clip up at the top there. On Xoutpost someone told me that they had a similar problem, and ended up just JBweld'ing the backing plate in place. I'm going to look one more time, to make sure that clip/ positioning nub don't exist on my bumper anymore, and if they truly don't, I suppose I'm going to go with epoxy. Can't see buying a new bumper just for this sensor.
      02-27-2019, 07:34 PM   #5
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro235 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by argento View Post

Are those the center sensors or the outside sensors? For some reason I think those might be the inner ones?

I think what happened is that the top clip that's molded onto the bumper broke off when it was hit, and therefore I don't have anything that positions/ fastens the plate. Your picture is super helpful, because it shows me that there definitely WAS a clip up at the top there. On Xoutpost someone told me that they had a similar problem, and ended up just JBweld'ing the backing plate in place. I'm going to look one more time, to make sure that clip/ positioning nub don't exist on my bumper anymore, and if they truly don't, I suppose I'm going to go with epoxy. Can't see buying a new bumper just for this sensor.
Top image is outer