XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-15-2015, 06:14 PM   #1
TigerBalm
Rep
Drives: '07 X5

Unhappy 2007 3.0si Transmission Malfunction error

As I was parallel parking my car today I had issues with my transmission not selecting the gears I was putting it into. First I was able to put it in reverse but it wouldn't move, so I started shifting between drive and reverse and after a few tries i able to move the car in reverse and proceed to park my car. The car functioned as it should after that first mishap and as I was finishing up I put the gear in reverse again and it wouldn't move. This time it jumps into park whenever I selected a gear and a error message of "transmission malfunction stuck in park" appeared with a gear indictor on the dash. This is the second time this has happened to me. On Monday it did the same thing but after I shut the car off and started it again it would go away and drive like nothing happened. Today I tried to do that but it didn't work, the error message kept popping up. Please help!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 06:25 PM   #2
Parise2713
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 FBO E70 X5

I was just looking through the forum for an answer to the same problem. Not sure what it is.

Padnydetailing.com

IG/ Facebook: Padnydetailing
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 06:27 PM   #3
TigerBalm
Rep

I just really hope my transmission didn't crap out on me.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 07:14 PM   #4
lanbrown
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

It could be the mechatronics sleeve that is starting to fail. It first starts to leak and as the leak gets worse, so do the symptoms. Fluid is basically getting into a control board of the transmission.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 09:32 PM   #5
TigerBalm
Rep

I've did some research about the mechatronics sleeve leak, but none of the symptoms I've read this far is similar to mines.

On the bright sides, I know now to replace the mechatronic sleeve when I replace the transmission pan and fluid since my car is nearing the 100k mark.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 10:36 PM   #6
lanbrown
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

How about this:
http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-foru...des-video.html

I still think it is the mechatronics sleeve that is causing the issue.

Last edited by lanbrown; 04-15-2015 at 10:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 04:34 PM   #7
TigerBalm
Rep

I came across that post, but the difference is that he's actually able to drive the car whereas my situation I wasn't able to enagage any gear. I was literally stuck in park. On the other hand, I drove the car this morning and none of the symptoms from yesterday showed up. I'm schedule for a diagnostic on Monday, hopefully I'll get an answer.
Appreciate 0