XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-14-2018, 09:26 AM   #1
Blivit
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5

Coding issue...help

Per some of my other threads, I decided to get into coding my X5.

All software installed and working (inpa/ncsexpert/coding tool) cable functioning as well.

Worked with some thing today. Started with the mirrors and windows, that all seemed to work fine. I then moved to the liftgate. I changed the following:

Remote trunk close (closing tailgate with key fob and button inside cabin)
Module: HKL

SCH_FBD
aktiv
SCH_TOEHKI
aktiv
TASTER_FBD
aktiv

After doing so, the liftgate will not open. Pressing the button it pops "open" (like 1-2 inches) then stops. So I thought, ok, messed that one up. I went back and changed those items back...still doesn't open. What happened here? I know it would open before I did this.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 11:03 AM   #2
Blivit
Private
Rep

ok so its working again...not exactly sure why.

I changed the above, lift gate not working. I went back through and changed them all back, still not working. I then went back through and set each item individually back and forth several times...still not working.

At some point with all of this, I started getting dsc and xdrive malfunction error codes. GREAT! Wife is gonna kill me lol.

Disconnected the battery...no change. Went through one more time after battery disconnect and put everything above to not active. After that...liftgate worked normally again but I still had the dsc and xdrive malfunctions. Decided to take it for a drive around the block and all lights went off...drove normally.

Soooo...I think I will step away from the coding for a bit while I do some more research lol.
Appreciate 1
      10-15-2018, 07:07 AM   #3
Blivit
Private
Rep

I have found some information regarding this change in particular. Some sites list that it can take up to 30 minutes for it to apply. You have to let the car "sleep" before it is working. I definitely wasn't waiting that long.

I have also read that sometimes dsc and xdrive errors can occur when the battery is low. I didn't have my charger connected but was starting the vehicle periodically throughout the process.

Will try again taking the above into consideration next time.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 08:15 AM   #4
omgboost
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blivit View Post
I have also read that sometimes dsc and xdrive errors can occur when the battery is low. I didn't have my charger connected but was starting the vehicle periodically throughout the process.
Once you disconnect and reconnect the battery, you'll get the error. After you drive off you'll be good. Or rather, as soon as you restart the engine again, you won't get the message anymore. Unless it is actually something wrong with the DSC or Xdrive.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 08:31 AM   #5
Blivit
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgboost View Post
Once you disconnect and reconnect the battery, you'll get the error. After you drive off you'll be good. Or rather, as soon as you restart the engine again, you won't get the message anymore. Unless it is actually something wrong with the DSC or Xdrive.
Yeah, it was strange. I have enough experience with this sort of thing through my day job so I knew it had to be something like this.

The errors came up before I disconnected the battery. Overall they didn't go away until I took it around the block.

We always keep vehicles connected to a charger at work when flashing so I should have known better; I was just too excited to get into it at home.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 04:44 PM   #6
thehungrymonkey
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw x5m 2012

error

those error messages don't require a drive around block. They only require turning the wheel all the way left and then all the way right. It's calibrating and you will see error go away immediately.
Appreciate 1
      10-18-2018, 08:23 AM   #7
omgboost
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehungrymonkey View Post
those error messages don't require a drive around block. They only require turning the wheel all the way left and then all the way right. It's calibrating and you will see error go away immediately.
Ah yes, this sounds more like it. It has been awhile since I have disconnected the battery and my memory is starting to fail.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 11:05 AM   #8
LuisG
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 X5 3.0si

Hi all
Since 3 days I've been reading about learning to code and use the tools like INPA, etc..
Yesterday I used INPA to try to calibrate the valvetronic limit position due to a gasket change in the motor, but the inpa version that I have is in german and I don't know what I pressed that the transmission is stuck in the 4th gear and i have the message "Malfunction Transmission". I update the modules through BMW Coding Tool with the E70 Daten file, but, still the same.

Any help will be appreciate, and I hope to be in the correct thread because I cannot make new post- I am Newbie
Thanks
Appreciate 0