XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-02-2014, 05:46 PM   #1
Joyaant911
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 x5

Headlight adaptive issue

I recently replaced my passenger headlight with another used headlight in better condition working fine. I swapped my headlight out and changed all components normally. I'm now getting an error message in my car saying that my adaptive control is malfunctioning. I've read several diff things from it needing a new module to it having to be programmed. My headlight was working fine before so I kno the module isn't bad. Could it need reprogramming? Someone please help as I don't wanna purchase unnecessary parts or start uninstalling everything thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 09:09 PM   #2
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 Tesla MY + '23 Tesla MY

If you swapped the adaptive modules, then there is no need for coding. The only other issue is if the headlights you swapped do not support the adaptive functionality (no corner light).

Did the adaptive module plug into a clip, or did you just secure it with screws in place? Could you have mixed up your old adaptive module and the replacement one when changing the headlights?
      12-03-2014, 10:09 AM   #3
Joyaant911
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
If you swapped the adaptive modules, then there is no need for coding. The only other issue is if the headlights you swapped do not support the adaptive functionality (no corner light).

Did the adaptive module plug into a clip, or did you just secure it with screws in place? Could you have mixed up your old adaptive module and the replacement one when changing the headlights?
I'm pretty sure I did it rite. I guess I'll have to check everything again. I figured everything was ok because the headlight was working (turned on fine) but maybe I didn't check all other components properly. If everything is plugged properly can I just have it programmed?
Appreciate 0