XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

12-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #1
Amity
Rep
Drives: X6

hi guyz, my new x6 will arrive in the 1st of jan 2010 (but im worried)

hello and welcome, hellooooooo! Hi helloooo! (as jermy clarkson starts his show)

i went to an official bmw showroom called AGMC

http://www.bmw-dubai.com/me_dl/agmc_en/

the staff told me that there is a set of new x6s will arrive after 21 days which means in the 1st of jan 2010, do you want to reserve one of them:
"yes" i said!!

but my worries, is that will i get the new iDrive system in my new bmw x6 ?

when i asked the staff this question he told me " i dont know we did not get an email from the mother company about the new iDrive system in the x6!!"

i was like

can you help me guyz , what do you think

since when the x6s with new iDrive system started to spread before how many months?

what do you think guyz will i have the new iDrive system or not ._. ?

i live in UAE, Dubai
thank you very much
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 10:19 AM   #2
REInvestor
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6 5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amity View Post
hello and welcome, hellooooooo! Hi helloooo! (as jermy clarkson starts his show)

i went to an official bmw showroom called AGMC

http://www.bmw-dubai.com/me_dl/agmc_en/

the staff told me that there is a set of new x6s will arrive after 21 days which means in the 1st of jan 2010, do you want to reserve one of them:
"yes" i said!!

but my worries, is that will i get the new iDrive system in my new bmw x6 ?

when i asked the staff this question he told me " i dont know we did not get an email from the mother company about the new iDrive system in the x6!!"

i was like

can you help me guyz , what do you think

since when the x6s with new iDrive system started to spread before how many months?

what do you think guyz will i have the new iDrive system or not ._. ?

i live in UAE, Dubai
thank you very much
The new I-Drive is on all 2010 X6 models.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Are you unable to custom order one yourself? I mean why do you have to buy one they are ordering?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 11:07 AM   #4
XBMW6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 740Li 2021 M850i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
Are you unable to custom order one yourself? I mean why do you have to buy one they are ordering?
Things are different around here in the Gulf region. There's usually only 1 authorized dealer in each of the countries here and they tend to order cars based on the popular or demanded options in general. that also applies to color combinations of interior and exterior. Usually they offer 2 option packages, high and normal spec cars. I think the reason is that majority of the customers around here are not so picky about options and prefer to choose their car based on packages rather than having to customize it. It's less of a hussle for the dealer, plus it makes the decision easier for customers...just choose your color and the options package. In addition, customers still have the option to custom their cars they way they want.

Last edited by XBMW6; 12-09-2009 at 12:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 11:55 AM   #5
ZKA
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X6 M

Quote:
Also, the Dubai market is a resale market. Meaning, once a BMW (little stay in Dubai) arrives in Dubai's custody the car shortly is on its way to a customer overseas. As stated before, the cars get little or the hefty options. Usually, these little options sell for relatively cheap outside the country. To get a car ordered costs an arm and a leg, so ur just stuffed with what u get.

So, for instance, an oversees (or desert for that matter) dealer in the Gulf would say here is the price of your BMW and the car has full options, but have to pay that higher margin. The customer then would say ok, I can get the car from Dubai, but this car has little options (and most of the time its doo doo options ). The customer now would have to worry about shipment costs (which is not much, along with a massive migraine), but thats the drawback + the little options. And that is y Dubai sells cars with those little options.

I hope this helps in understanding

Oh and all 2010 X6's get the New iDrive

Amity: Mabrook for the car and Salam
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 08:18 AM   #6
Amity
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBMW6 View Post
Things are different around here in the Gulf region. There's usually only 1 authorized dealer in each of the countries here and they tend to order cars based on the popular or demanded options in general. that also applies to color combinations of interior and exterior. Usually they offer 2 option packages, high and normal spec cars. I think the reason is that majority of the customers around here are not so picky about options and prefer to choose their car based on packages rather than having to customize it. It's less of a hussle for the dealer, plus it makes the decision easier for customers...just choose your color and the options package. In addition, customers still have the option to custom their cars they way they want.

Exactly!

thanks for ur expression

in my opinion .. its a stupid idea to sell cars in packages .. blah , not all people are the same in choosing the options !

bad idea indeed
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 08:27 AM   #7
Amity
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKA View Post
Also, the Dubai market is a resale market. Meaning, once a BMW (little stay in Dubai) arrives in Dubai's custody the car shortly is on its way to a customer overseas. As stated before, the cars get little or the hefty options. Usually, these little options sell for relatively cheap outside the country. To get a car ordered costs an arm and a leg, so ur just stuffed with what u get.

So, for instance, an oversees (or desert for that matter) dealer in the Gulf would say here is the price of your BMW and the car has full options, but have to pay that higher margin. The customer then would say ok, I can get the car from Dubai, but this car has little options (and most of the time its doo doo options ). The customer now would have to worry about shipment costs (which is not much, along with a massive migraine), but thats the drawback + the little options. And that is y Dubai sells cars with those little options.

I hope this helps in understanding

Oh and all 2010 X6's get the New iDrive

Amity: Mabrook for the car and Salam

thanks for ur reply

man, im really happy that all 2010 ones have the new iDrive

once i receive my car enshalla .. i'll put some pics of it

ZKA: allah ybarek fek man mashkoor bro
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 08:32 AM   #8
Amity
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by REInvestor View Post
The new I-Drive is on all 2010 X6 models.

thanks

my worries dissapeared by ur reply
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 08:34 AM   #9
Amity
Rep

Quote:
i wish i can do that.

thanks bro
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #10
ZKA
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Tsoogha bil3afya inshallah...

oh and Amity, i think ull appreciate this one when i went to visit Dubai- haha

This took place in a hick town called Al-Ain, UAE
Cop: "Why did you sayyi7 wheel?"
Me: "What does that mean? i dont understand you!"
Cop: "You went sideways with the car!"
Me: "I didn't feel the car go sideways"
Cop: "Well, here we felt the car go sideways" then he went on saying "Yalla, off to the department we go"
Me: "I didn't do anything wrong!"
Cop: "1st, I should impound the car for a month. 2nd, I should throw you in jail. 3rd, I should fine you for reckless driving. 4th, I should give you a fine for your long hair!"
Then I pulled the "Im not from here" card, and let me go with a warning.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 06:22 PM   #11
Amity
Rep

ROFL ! ZKA

Al ain is a region which is related to abu dhabi (in other meanings: abudhabi's government and alain government are the same!)

and their government is horrible!
it is more strict than dubai and sharjah and other uae cities

they fine 10,000 dirhams (around 3,000 usa dollars) if you put 50% (or more) of glass cover ( so as to avoid sun beams while ur driving) lol with 10k dhs (3k $) i would buy a full exhaust system from eisenmann

man once u come to uae again visit albdayer check out this vid

this video is taken in albdayer

where are u from zka usa?

---------------

ooooo guyz .. my car will arrive after 10 days , i just talked to them (bmw showroom)

LETS HOPE that my car will be with iDrive ...

if it is not with the new iDrive system , that means its 2009 not 2010 right?

the thing that make me worry is that all the x6s in the showroom have the older iDrive controller and the staff keep telling me that they are 2010 x6s ?!?!?!? how come ?! 2010 x6 with an old iDrive ? i think they are lying so as to sell these cars and get rid of em !? as soon as possible, so as to start selling the new 2010 cars of x6

what should i do if it is with an old iDrive? should i reject it and wait for the next set of x6s ?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 03:34 AM   #12
Amity
Rep

Heeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaa

MY CAR IS ARRIVED !

and GUESS WHAT !!, IT IS WITH THE NEW FAWKING DAMN iDRIVE SYSTEM !!!

thats good.. thats really really as planned ..

the car is now in the harbor, maybe after 3-5 days i'll receive it

the first thing which im gunna do when i receive it, is To POST sum pics in this AWSOME forums

thanks everyone for ur reply again !!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 08:43 AM   #13
MeEmZ
Doctor in the making
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 08 X6 35i

Grats man ^_~

wo y36eek 5eerha wo ykfeek shrha
      12-20-2009, 06:45 AM   #14
ZKA
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Amity: Mabrook man good stuff!!!

I live in Northern California... sick vid son, u just reminded me i took an FJ out on the dunes the other day what a beast...

Post some pics as soon as u can
Appreciate 0