XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
x6er
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x6 35i black on black

2013 LED Headlights on Auto-ON ... acting funny

So, I have a 2013 X6M. my headlights are set on the Auto mode. when I first got the car, I noticed that a green 2 light symbol is always present on the dash, I thought that this is normal to show day time running lights...but then I started noticing that the green symbol some time goes away and others comes on...regardless of the outside sunlight. some times it is on then all of a sudden it goes off, then after few minutes it comes on again. does any body have the same? any explanation?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 02:08 AM   #2
makdeniss
Lord Vader
Estonia
Rep
Drives: BMW 730Ld

Quote:
Originally Posted by x6er View Post
So, I have a 2013 X6M. my headlights are set on the Auto mode. when I first got the car, I noticed that a green 2 light symbol is always present on the dash, I thought that this is normal to show day time running lights...but then I started noticing that the green symbol some time goes away and others comes on...regardless of the outside sunlight. some times it is on then all of a sudden it goes off, then after few minutes it comes on again. does any body have the same? any explanation?
this is ok
      11-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
x6er
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x6 35i black on black

so its normal!? any explanation?
the green symbol comes on when the auto lighting is on (the little LED point on the light switch turns on) when the symbol turns ioff, so doers the little LED on the light switch.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
Poleposition
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
United_States
Rep
Drives: very well

Your sensor on the windshield/rearview mirror may need an adjustment. Dealer should be able to help
2024 i4 M50 on order

IG @purpleM5Comp_NY
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 02:32 AM   #5
makdeniss
Lord Vader
Estonia
Rep
Drives: BMW 730Ld

Quote:
Originally Posted by x6er View Post
so its normal!? any explanation?
the green symbol comes on when the auto lighting is on (the little LED point on the light switch turns on) when the symbol turns ioff, so doers the little LED on the light switch.
it is ok for this time of year. the sun isn't shining the way it shines during summer, so sensor doesn't get as much intense light, thus causing it to adjust to the current changing light conditions.