XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

03-28-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
Thumbs up Question for X6M owners

I'm almost ready to close a deal for a friend's 2010 X6M loaded with almost all factory options available to our market.

I wanted to know the function of the "M" button located on the steering wheel, and the "EDC" button located right at bottom of the gear shifter in the middle console ?

I know it has to do something with power and suspension settings but wanted a easier explanation from any of you.

Thanks in advance !
Bernie
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
roentgen72
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6M

M button can be programmed for 4 settings which you choose. 1. Quicker shifts, ie power delivery is sporty or efficient 2. DSC traction on or off or controlled slip 3. EDC (suspension dampeners) ride is softer (more suspension travel) or firmer and 4. HEads up display.

You choose the combo, M is then set and everytime you press the M button your car becomes what you preset it for.

EDC button as above.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 10:04 PM   #3
motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by roentgen72 View Post
M button can be programmed for 4 settings which you choose. 1. Quicker shifts, ie power delivery is sporty or efficient 2. DSC traction on or off or controlled slip 3. EDC (suspension dampeners) ride is softer (more suspension travel) or firmer and 4. HEads up display.

You choose the combo, M is then set and everytime you press the M button your car becomes what you preset it for.

EDC button as above.
Q1, Browsing into the iDrive, I saw some settings for the M mode, ie power or efficient, is there really a difference you can feel in terms of economy or power ?
Q2, if you set the EDC on the M button, there is no need to push the EDC button at all ?
Appreciate 0