XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-01-2014, 09:24 AM   #1
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Stage 2+

I am considering Cat down pipes and remapping(X5M). I have stage 2 Velos tune. My concerns are as a daily driver the gas smell, emissions. How bad is the gas smell, I have read here that some say its pretty bad and others experienced very faint to little or no gas smell.

Now most importantly can you really feel the added gains from the down pipes? Am I going to be wowed or is this a small gain with limited speed increase?

Should I Do it? This as I said earlier is my daily driver and “Mini Van….hahaha” I still have 12 months of factory warranty. I assume that this would be an issue if lets say I need new turbos. I am sure BMW would deny my claim and I have to agree with them. What is your opinion and take on this situation. I didn’t buy this car to go slow and enjoy having a car seat in a SUV that can do 12sec ¼ mile. Should I wait until next year? Or throw caution to the wind?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 01:36 PM   #2
theonesupreme
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
I am considering Cat down pipes and remapping(X5M). I have stage 2 Velos tune. My concerns are as a daily driver the gas smell, emissions. How bad is the gas smell, I have read here that some say its pretty bad and others experienced very faint to little or no gas smell.

Now most importantly can you really feel the added gains from the down pipes? Am I going to be wowed or is this a small gain with limited speed increase?

Should I Do it? This as I said earlier is my daily driver and “Mini Van….hahaha” I still have 12 months of factory warranty. I assume that this would be an issue if lets say I need new turbos. I am sure BMW would deny my claim and I have to agree with them. What is your opinion and take on this situation. I didn’t buy this car to go slow and enjoy having a car seat in a SUV that can do 12sec ¼ mile. Should I wait until next year? Or throw caution to the wind?
I have velos stage 2 plus with downpipe, the power gain is very insane. it is like the upgrade on stage 2
stage2 plus means i have the special requirement on the A/F ratio and mid range power gain. Every morning i have the car cold start at the in door garage, the smell wasn't that bad.

also i already purchased the extended warranty from a 3rd party because i can have my shop to do the maintenance and other issues with the car which bumper to bumper.

i hope this will help, the Akrapovic sounds like a monster