XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

10-26-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
ryansumm
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X6M 5.0D Carbon Black

Last week order X6 4.0D Vermilion Red UK

Hi Guys,

Im new to this forum, i currently own a X6 2008 model 3.5D which was an ex-demostrator however I have decided now to order a brand new 4.0D with the spec I wanted in Vermilion Red - Wife thinks its girly - I think otherwise!.

Can some one tell me roughtly how long it take from new order to delivery in the uk - my local bmw garage was very vague on this - they basically said could be January -

Also ive noticed on this forum some of the other X6 4.0's have a sports button near the gear leaver - does anyone know if this comes as standard on this model

many thanks in advance

Ryan (Basildon, UK)
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 11:49 AM   #2
CoachmanX6
CoachmanX6
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 35D

Hi Ryan

When I ordered my BMW X6 35d it took appx 8 weeks from placing the order till it arrived at my dealer.

As for the sport button it is to control the Adaptive Drive option ( Normal or Sport ) It was not standard on the 35d, It should tell you in the brochure.

I also think that Vermilion Red is a great colour it was on my short list, however in the end i went for the Sapphire Black (as suggested by her who we shall obey, She does have great taste!)

( Maidstone Kent UK )
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 03:07 PM   #3
ryansumm
United Kingdom
Rep

Cheers

Thanks coachman

I couldn't even select adaptive drive just went back to the BMW configure page not even listed on 4.0d only 5.0i do you have it on yours ? what's the difference ?

Originally chosen the same black as you however i took my 3 year old girl with me to my dealer and she loved the red colour...
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 12:03 PM   #4
CoachmanX6
CoachmanX6
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 35D

Hi Ryan

No i dont have adaptive drive on my X6 35d, Although from what i hear on XBimmers forum it is worth haveing for the handling. (mind you as you have driven an X6 35d it can handle, I have the 20" 259 wheels with Dunlop sportmaxx and they just grip, grip, grip,! )

I have most of the optional equipment, including removable towbar with self leveing suspension as I do Tow a Caravan with it.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #5
ryansumm
United Kingdom
Rep

Cheers Coachman got the 20 inch yspoke on my current x6 and going for the same again on the new x6
Appreciate 0