XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #23
Blitzblau
Field Marshall
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Black Saph Metallic X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5m power View Post
Just picked mine up today love that 555hp motor its sick:happ yanim: :dance :
Congrats...now a quick question since you are in the area.
Did you happen to be on 95 South this weekend and a guy in a Ford F150 King Ranch was racing/messing with you?

I only ask because a good friend of mine thought it was me and was giving this X5M a particularly hard time...since he thought it was me ;-)

If it happened to be you...just wanted to let you know it was nothing personal. He's a great guy and quite the character.

Congrats again...and if you want to mod it at all do your due diligence and choose the best option for you but I recommend Omar @ Velos. They will take care of you...
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #24
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Different Ones

Congrats on the new truck! We should be getting our hands on a 2013 this week! Let me know if you are interested in one of our tuning packages.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 06:27 PM   #25
TimZ
Lieutenant
Albania
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswaz View Post
Have you noticed any creaking coming from the back hatch area? I've got a bad creak when cornering or hit a bump or rut in the road. been trying to isolate it with paper shims but can't figure it out yet.

Also noticed there is no rubber seal that spans the gaps on the bottom of the door sills. There wa a rubber seal that ran the length of the rocker panel and the door sills of the car. My 2010 had this but this one doesn't. juust a rough gap that runs the length of the rocker and body. dissapointing..

Did my first wash and detail today and amazing the little things that are different on this car verses my 2010. Quality of the plastics is much worse, Paint on the wheels is not sprayed evenly on these x6M wheels. Panel gaps vary from one side of the vehicle to the other. Hopefully reliabilty and overall mechanical quality surpasses the old build on first impressions the build quality has suffered greatly.
I have that same exact creak at the same exact area. It seems like its been coming from the piece that contains the cover for the trunk area that rolls out. Haven't noticed it much lately though so it might just need to settle in. So far I'm on 28,560 miles and the creak only occurs on a rare occasion
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #26
mrmomo313
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimZ View Post
I have that same exact creak at the same exact area. It seems like its been coming from the piece that contains the cover for the trunk area that rolls out. Haven't noticed it much lately though so it might just need to settle in. So far I'm on 28,560 miles and the creak only occurs on a rare occasion
I've heard the same creak as well in my trunk.. i took out that cover that rolls out and it seems to have stopped the problem
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #27
krisnetaji
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5

Quote:
Have you noticed any creaking coming from the back hatch area? I've got a bad creak when cornering or hit a bump or rut in the road. been trying to isolate it with paper shims but can't figure it out yet.

Also noticed there is no rubber seal that spans the gaps on the bottom of the door sills. There wa a rubber seal that ran the length of the rocker panel and the door sills of the car. My 2010 had this but this one doesn't. juust a rough gap that runs the length of the rocker and body. dissapointing..

Did my first wash and detail today and amazing the little things that are different on this car verses my 2010. Quality of the plastics is much worse, Paint on the wheels is not sprayed evenly on these x6M wheels. Panel gaps vary from one side of the vehicle to the other. Hopefully reliabilty and overall mechanical quality surpasses the old build on first impressions the build quality has suffered greatly.
Sorry to hear about the problems you are having. I had a 2012 X5M fully loaded and sold it with little under 1100 miles. Build quality was very poor from cheap plastics, the dealer damaging my car (another story) and rattles. Picked up a New 2013 Lexus LX570 and haven't looked back.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 02:34 PM   #28
Blitzblau
Field Marshall
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Black Saph Metallic X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12X5M View Post
Sorry to hear about the problems you are having. I had a 2012 X5M fully loaded and sold it with little under 1100 miles. Build quality was very poor from cheap plastics, the dealer damaging my car (another story) and rattles. Picked up a New 2013 Lexus LX570 and haven't looked back.
I also have the creak...I will look for it and see if I can find it. I thought it was the cargo cover as well. I will see if I have any findings.

Also used to own a LX570 (2009) and it was a REALLY great truck. The facelift is quite nice and I understand why you bought it. Can't fault you there.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 08:18 PM   #29
krisnetaji
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yes i had the same truck 2010 X5M and it seemed the build quility was much better for all intensive purposes the same truck than this 2013. I have thought of a 570 as I am a huge Toyota fan but the drive of a 570 cannot compare and so far have not found anything that is worth even with all the trials and tribulations of owning a BMW.

My creak is not the rear cargo cover. I have noticed one place where a screw was not placed and should have been right rear vertical cover that covers the right rear tailight. There is a scrwew that is missing, screw is on the left side same panel in reverse. Nice quality assurance right.

Im going to take it in and get the scrwew and hopefullty that will fix it. or atleast make it better
Oh yea... I still miss the X5m for the 555hp motor and its superior handling. My first BMW and most likely my last. My quality issues with mine was the side turn signals were loose on both fenders,Blue marks on leather,horrible paint job, and rattles. My dealer scratched both fenders trying to repair. In the end they never did anything to resolve the problem. To even work with the dealer i offered them just to give me trade-in value for the car and they declined in doing that. BMW definitely makes great engines and thought was a great value.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 12:24 AM   #30
DDP2011X5M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

Mine was the right rear seat back was not locked in causing the noise. After it locked in place, no more sound
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #31
Thinkkkker
BMWs since 1977
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 X5M Silverstone

Question BMW Quality

"Sorry to hear about the problems you are having. I had a 2012 X5M fully loaded and sold it with little under 1100 miles. Build quality was very poor from cheap plastics, the dealer damaging my car (another story) and rattles. Picked up a New 2013 Lexus LX570 and haven't looked back."

Well 12X5M being it was your first (and now apparently last) BMW I can understand your disillusionment. But Ive got just about 8000 miles on my rig (loaded, with the pony spare tire) and have not had a single rattle, crack or irregularity and NOT ONE regret with this vehicle. Ive had BMWs since 1977, and all ran over 205,000 miles WITH NO RATTLE (well almost, my E38 740i Sport sunroof giggled a bit), Sure you're not a Lexus salesman? :>)
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #32
krisnetaji
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkkkker View Post
"Sorry to hear about the problems you are having. I had a 2012 X5M fully loaded and sold it with little under 1100 miles. Build quality was very poor from cheap plastics, the dealer damaging my car (another story) and rattles. Picked up a New 2013 Lexus LX570 and haven't looked back."

Well 12X5M being it was your first (and now apparently last) BMW I can understand your disillusionment. But Ive got just about 8000 miles on my rig (loaded, with the pony spare tire) and have not had a single rattle, crack or irregularity and NOT ONE regret with this vehicle. Ive had BMWs since 1977, and all ran over 205,000 miles WITH NO RATTLE (well almost, my E38 740i Sport sunroof giggled a bit), Sure you're not a Lexus salesman? :>)
Where did i say rattles were the only problem? If Rattles were not the only problem i would have kept the car.
Mine was loaded also. With a $101K MSRP. I also had full tint full hood/ventureshield//fenders along with the rocker panels along with a 9500ci radar.
Rattles were not the only problem or i would have kept the car. I had Paint issues all over the car, dealership damaging my car, crappy bare bone 3 series loaners while Lexus gives me top of the line loaners, Poor build quality for $100K car. Cheap plastics everywhere. Resale value is very poor on this car also. I had to call 12 dealers just to get a decent price on it. In fact some of them did not want the car since it is a specialty car and has one of the highest days on lot average.

Last edited by krisnetaji; 06-03-2012 at 12:35 PM..
Appreciate 0