XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-03-2014, 01:09 PM   #1
Kerrazy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X6M

Anyone experience these Issues with there X???

So almost every time I drive my 2011 X6M for First trip of the day, within 5 - min of drive my fan (Heater/Ac climate) lets out 1 to 3 intermittent very short bursts of air..Just blows like full speed for half to one second??? does it one to 3 or 4 times spaced out by 10 - 20 seconds?? so strange...the bars that indicate the fan speed do not go up with the blast either....Today after it let out its first burst I tried messing with it and turning up the fan,,it increased the bars for fan speed but delayed maybe 5 sec then cranked on fans....It does this only on first trip of day..never again for day.

Odd factory program clearing itself out? Gremlin? resistor? Just curious if anyone has seen this.

Separate issue: Twice now I have gotten in started up and lost all my speakers,,,no radio no door chime, no seatbelt chime... Has done it twice. Its at the dealer now, Guessing amp is faulty.

Good news well in its due for oil change, air filter, spark plug time..So baby will come back all fresh haha. That part of warranty I love!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 03:03 PM   #2
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

I've only experienced the A/C issue once. Certainly took me by surprise, and it has not done it since. Freak occurrence? My bursts were about 2-3 seconds, and the A/C did it about 4 times.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 03:08 PM   #3
airshaq20
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M, E60

My experience with my X5M is, the A/C on a 2012 E92 328i is much colder than my X5M.
Is this normal? (sorry, don't mean to interrupt the discussion but since we're talking about A/Cs, might chime in).
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 04:20 PM   #4
smyles
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 X5

To OP, your A/C probably tries to purge excessive humidity. There's a sensor behind the mirror that is tied to climate control. If it's gone bad, there'd be a fault code stored.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 09:24 AM   #5
kskpsu
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M; E90 M3 ZCP; M4 GTS

Garage List
'11 BMW 1M  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by airshaq20 View Post
My experience with my X5M is, the A/C on a 2012 E92 328i is much colder than my X5M.
Is this normal? (sorry, don't mean to interrupt the discussion but since we're talking about A/Cs, might chime in).
You need to make sure it the climate control is set the blue/cold setting. Hit the button you use to dial in air flow direction, and when the image shows up on the Nav screen, use the iDrive to dial in the driver and passenger side to the cold setting.
      06-23-2014, 12:57 PM   #6
LaxTheMan34
Rep
Drives: 2012 X6M

Unhappy

Has anyone had any issues with their A/C after driving for long periods of time? I had a 5 hour drive over the weekend and after about 3 hours of driving the A/C was barely pushing any air out of the vents. I tried the Max A/C and could hear the fan, but again hardly any air was coming out of the vents. After I dropped off my friends, the A/C unit was working fine after a 5 minute stop. However, after driving for an hour again the A/C unit was not pushing out any cold air, or any air for that matter.
Appreciate 0