XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

12-17-2008, 08:40 AM   #1
Steved
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CSL, AMG ML63, B7 RS4 Avant

X6 in DR's end of year circuit comparison

We're just polishing off the article this week and will be publishing it before Christmas, but we decided to take all of our long-termers to a tight and twisty sprint circuit in the UK (Curborough sprint track) and have a bit of fun.

I turned up in my X6 35d (of course) and felt like I had brought the wrong set of wheels once I looked at how tight and twisty the circuit was. It was still a quick track, allowing us to reach speeds of up 90mph. And it was icy. And then it rained...

The cars under comparision were BMW E92 M3 Saloon, Ford Focus ST (with Mountune remap), Mercedes E320CDI (with brabus remap), Renault Twingo RS133.... and of course my X6.

I haven't seen any other X6 videos with it being driven hard, so I'll be interested in what you think. It will be a useful video to perhaps silence the naysayers who don't believe the X6 makes any sense..

I'll let you know once the video and story are up.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 11:44 AM   #2
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steved View Post
We're just polishing off the article this week and will be publishing it before Christmas, but we decided to take all of our long-termers to a tight and twisty sprint circuit in the UK (Curborough sprint track) and have a bit of fun.

I turned up in my X6 35d (of course) and felt like I had brought the wrong set of wheels once I looked at how tight and twisty the circuit was. It was still a quick track, allowing us to reach speeds of up 90mph. And it was icy. And then it rained...

The cars under comparision were BMW E92 M3 Saloon, Ford Focus ST (with Mountune remap), Mercedes E320CDI (with brabus remap), Renault Twingo RS133.... and of course my X6.

I haven't seen any other X6 videos with it being driven hard, so I'll be interested in what you think. It will be a useful video to perhaps silence the naysayers who don't believe the X6 makes any sense..

I'll let you know once the video and story are up.
Look forward to it. Drive safe.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 12:40 PM   #3
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

good luck..post video asap!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 02:46 PM   #4
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Cool! I look forward to it. Drive safe and have fun!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2008, 12:14 PM   #5
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steved View Post
....... allowing us to reach speeds of up 90mph. And it was icy. And then it rained....

Sounds like average day on California freeways, seriously please post when video is up.