XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

12-16-2008, 03:57 PM   #23
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdk View Post
Some sources are now reporting new idrive will not be available in the X6 until September 09.
The sales manager at my dealership just checked with BMW Canada again and according to him, the new iDrive for the X6 is still on schedule for March production.

Where did you hear that the iDrive has been delayed?

All I've seen so far is that some people speculate that it was delayed but no concrete or official word to confirm that rumor!

Do you have any links to credible sites or posts to confirm it?
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 01:01 PM   #24
rdk
Rep
Drives: 09 X6 50i VR Blk Nappa

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
The sales manager at my dealership just checked with BMW Canada again and according to him, the new iDrive for the X6 is still on schedule for March production.

Where did you hear that the iDrive has been delayed?

All I've seen so far is that some people speculate that it was delayed but no concrete or official word to confirm that rumor!

Do you have any links to credible sites or posts to confirm it?
Go to X5world.com and read I-Drive thread in X6 section.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 01:39 PM   #25
Puka
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Before I ordered my X6 i drove my fathers Range Rover Sport and with that kind of car i noticed that many attention was directed toward me. But with the BMW X6 on the streets the attention won't miss at all, it has such a dynamic look, it's gigantic it's fast, it has all the characteristics a good car needs.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 03:00 PM   #26
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdk View Post
Go to X5world.com and read I-Drive thread in X6 section.
Ok, so I quickly browsed the x5world forums, did some searching and still nothing concrete. Just rumors...

Unless I overlooked it...

So until someone has something more credible, I will go by what the sales manager at my local dealership told me!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:09 PM   #27
Anteater
An Englishman in Chicago......
United_States
Rep
Drives: VR X6 35i

I'd be careful to make sure that the new iDrive controller and new iDrive back-end are BOTH installed from the same date..... My 35i was in for its first (15,000 mile) service today and I was given a brand new '09 528ix as a loaner for the day. I saw the new iDrive controller as soon as I got into the car and was pleased to think I would get a chance to try out V2.0.... but not to be. It has the new controller with the surrounding buttons but still the old flavour iDrive - I was very disappointed! So... just because you see the new controller does not mean you'll also see the new iDrive....!

Cheers, Anteater
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:36 PM   #28
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
I'd be careful to make sure that the new iDrive controller and new iDrive back-end are BOTH installed from the same date..... My 35i was in for its first (15,000 mile) service today and I was given a brand new '09 528ix as a loaner for the day. I saw the new iDrive controller as soon as I got into the car and was pleased to think I would get a chance to try out V2.0.... but not to be. It has the new controller with the surrounding buttons but still the old flavour iDrive - I was very disappointed! So... just because you see the new controller does not mean you'll also see the new iDrive....!

Cheers, Anteater
That's odd, I had seen (and played with) the new iDrive in two different cars now and both of them were the new type. Hmmm, it sounds rather strange that they would use the new controller and old processor with it... But everything is possible....
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:46 PM   #29
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
That's odd, I had seen (and played with) the new iDrive in two different cars now and both of them were the new type. Hmmm, it sounds rather strange that they would use the new controller and old processor with it... But everything is possible....
Since he said it was a loaner maybe they have used it to cannibalize parts.
      12-17-2008, 09:52 PM   #30
Anteater
An Englishman in Chicago......
United_States
Rep
Drives: VR X6 35i

Don't think so - it was brand spanking new, and one of 4 or 5 they have at the dealership as service loaners. There was also no navigation so the 4th iDrive 'dimension' was 'Car Data' and it has the smaller screen, but definitely the 'old' processor. The addition of the buttons around the controller is definitely an improvement however! The attached link shows another thread from Bimmerfest - the 2009 5'er only gets the new controller - rest of the system upgrade from sometime in 2009.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=332190

Cheers, Anteater
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 11:12 PM   #31
MeEmZ
Doctor in the making
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 08 X6 35i

LOL ... yesterday an E70 driver rear ended the car infront of him while we were in traffic ... and guess what ?? he was looking at my car :P

now that is what i call attention
      12-17-2008, 11:50 PM   #32
Sammydtd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X6 50

Personally I also have to say the car looks best from the rear...mine's a black on black 50i with the ferric grey 21's so the side looks kinda cool as well!!!

BTW, the first time I picked the car up I had this three idiots in a car chase me down on the highway trying to flag me down so I can literally pull over and they check out the car. Not even with my G500 (when it first came out) or CLK 55 or RRS when it was first launched did I get this kind of attention. Honestly though, it's flattering at first then it gets annoying after a while...unless it's a smoking hot woman, then yeah...I guess I'm okay with it...
Appreciate 0