XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

05-29-2010, 11:10 AM   #1
X6DB
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Comp xDrive

New member with a few questions

Hi everyone! I've been looking for a good X6 forum and happened upon this site yesterday. Very impressive forum! I leased a 2010 X6 35i 3 months ago after being a loyal Lexus guy for my last 5 cars. I loved everything about my X6 until......

After 2 weeks with the X6, I was driving late one afternoon and the engine light came on, along with the dreaded 'engine operating at reduced power' message. I was driving about 40 mph so I took my foot off the gas and tried to coast into the left turn lane. I never made it because the car died with the rear half of the car sticking out into the fast lane. I had to have the car towed to the dealership, where they diagnosed a catastrophic hpfp failure. I was pretty unhappy, and let my feelings be known to both the sales manager and the service manager. They repaired the car and I haven't had a problem like it since the repair.

Last week I fired up the car one evening and got a bunch of warning lights and messages saying that my AWD, DSC, and DBC had malfunctioned. I took the car to the dealer the next evening, and they had a look at it. Two days later they called me to tell me that they're going to have to send my car's computer diagnostic data to BMW because they can't figure out what's causing the problem. I went to the dealership and headed for the sales manager's office. After explaining what was going on to him, he invited me over to his computer and said 'Let's build you a new car.'

I decided on a 2011 X6 50i (I was wary of the brand new 6-cylinder engine), but I have a couple of questions about how to option the car out. My last X6 was pretty loaded, as is this one. I deleted the 4-zone climate control, but wanted to know if there are still AC vents for the rear-seat passengers if you don't get that option? I'm also interested in other owners' opinions on the 7rr package, which I had on my other X6. Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
scottjays
Starfleet Command
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by X6DB View Post
Hi everyone! I've been looking for a good X6 forum and happened upon this site yesterday. Very impressive forum! I leased a 2010 X6 35i 3 months ago after being a loyal Lexus guy for my last 5 cars. I loved everything about my X6 until......

After 2 weeks with the X6, I was driving late one afternoon and the engine light came on, along with the dreaded 'engine operating at reduced power' message. I was driving about 40 mph so I took my foot off the gas and tried to coast into the left turn lane. I never made it because the car died with the rear half of the car sticking out into the fast lane. I had to have the car towed to the dealership, where they diagnosed a catastrophic hpfp failure. I was pretty unhappy, and let my feelings be known to both the sales manager and the service manager. They repaired the car and I haven't had a problem like it since the repair.

Last week I fired up the car one evening and got a bunch of warning lights and messages saying that my AWD, DSC, and DBC had malfunctioned. I took the car to the dealer the next evening, and they had a look at it. Two days later they called me to tell me that they're going to have to send my car's computer diagnostic data to BMW because they can't figure out what's causing the problem. I went to the dealership and headed for the sales manager's office. After explaining what was going on to him, he invited me over to his computer and said 'Let's build you a new car.'

I decided on a 2011 X6 50i (I was wary of the brand new 6-cylinder engine), but I have a couple of questions about how to option the car out. My last X6 was pretty loaded, as is this one. I deleted the 4-zone climate control, but wanted to know if there are still AC vents for the rear-seat passengers if you don't get that option? I'm also interested in other owners' opinions on the 7rr package, which I had on my other X6. Thanks for the help!
yes rear vents are present without ordering 4zone. sadly 7RR is NOT available for 2011 X6. However the performance upgrade (7RR) will become a dealer installed software upgrade sometime in June. price is unknown, atm
I just bought a loaded 2011 x6 50i and love it. some minor quality issues are present, but all in all, a great powerful machine. my fave options, adaptive drive (expensive but totally worth it), leather dash, active steering, and premium sound. I have HUD and comfort access. nice toys but not essential. good luck
and yes this is great forum with tons of helpful members
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
X6DB
Private
Rep

Thanks for the info. I had adaptive drive on the old one and loved it! Ordered it on the new one too. I saw pics of your car; it looks great! Really like the new 20s (much better than last year's). I'll be getting those too. I'll probably end up getting the 7rr upgrade...tough to resist.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

I went from 35i to 50i simply because I LOVE a V8 and the dealer made it possible financially...My 35i was trouble free and a wonderful ride.

Mine is not as loaded as Scottjays, but I would say Adaptive Drive is a must as is premium stereo. Living in the snow belt- cold weather package with heated steering wheel is also something I wanted to have. I also like the look of 20's (or larger) on the X6 and the running boards...Added both to mine.

I am waiting for quotes on 7rr from my dealer and am strongly considering installing Alcantra sport steering wheel on mine too...
      05-31-2010, 01:16 AM   #5
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

Turbos run hot

Quote:

Very nice of the dealer to offer u a new car, I guess BMW cannot figure out the problem either?
I personally find the x6 runs very warm in the summer if I don't switch on the AC (to conserve gas.)
Seeing u r in New Mexico, I would keep the 4zone climate control if u intend to carry passengers in the back for long drives in the summer.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 04:50 PM   #6
X6DB
Private
Rep

Thanks for the input! The rear seats are going to be used sparingly. I'm getting the following options; active ventilated seats, cold weather package, premium package, premium sound package, sport package (adaptive drive), comfort access, soft-close doors, running boards, sport package (20" style 336 wheels), and the rear/top view camera package. I'll add the 7rr package when I get the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 08:33 PM   #7
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

Quote:
Thanks for the input! The rear seats are going to be used sparingly. I'm getting the following options; active ventilated seats, cold weather package, premium package, premium sound package, sport package (adaptive drive), comfort access, soft-close doors, running boards, sport package (20" style 336 wheels), and the rear/top view camera package. I'll add the 7rr package when I get the car.
LMK when you can purchase the 7rr and how much...My dealer says it is not available as an accessory through BMW yet
      06-01-2010, 10:11 PM   #8
X6DB
Private
Rep

The car isn't being delivered until early-mid July. The 7rr upgrade is supposed to be available in June. I'll keep you posted as I learn more.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 10:46 PM   #9
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

What gas?

Quote:
The car isn't being delivered until early-mid July. The 7rr upgrade is supposed to be available in June. I'll keep you posted as I learn more.
When u 1st had HPFP problem on the highway, do u recall what kind of gas u had last fueled up with?
I'.m trying to see if there's any connection w/ Ethanol.
Appreciate 0