BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-21-2014, 05:39 AM   #1
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2CS, M3CS

Exhaust option

I'm looking at putting my stock midsection back on to pass the MOT (emissions test) and maybe as a permanent fix, currently I have N55midpipe, evolve rear exhaust and evole decat dp's

I want to cut down on the noise of having straight through pipes as its doing my head in on long runs.

Woul it be better purchasing akraprovich slipon with wireless system to mate to my current set up and, would the wireless flap reduce the drone?

If I only put the stock mid section with secondsry cats on would this reduce the exhaust noise when on motorway?

If I went for permanent fix, would I be better putting the secondary cats back on or purchasing hi flow sports cat dp's as a constant fix? Is it be better for the turbos if I just left the cat less dp's and put on the stock secondary cats

I'm not fussed about loosing 10bhp or whatever I'm just wondering what the best option is!

Car currently has 410bhp
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 07:57 AM   #2
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 6MT

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Wrong section for this thread, admins should move this to the 1M section!