XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-24-2018, 02:43 AM   #23
werdn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.1 GT3 Shark, ex E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessX5 View Post
I need to try this. Are you able to use BMWAssist? I know I would need to get a subscription, but I would like to know if it works?
Are you thinking of doing the retrofit too?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 09:49 PM   #24
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
If you want the XM5 / e71 pads you need to swap the whole center council housing and you'll need the new pads and bezel. It's a totally
Different part. Got
These out of a junk yard for cheap. They where like brand new.

It's a pretty hearty DIY and you'll need a whole day as the whole center council needs to be removed.

The steering wheel swap, you need to contact car systems for support but as far as I know only the F10 steering wheel will work with the coding box they have.

Like I said in the earlier post you can opt for
The smaller screen and fit that in the same spot as the original for a complete oem look.

The climate control issue is resolved with their own bypass module that shows the controls on the screen
Bimmer retrofit
Has all the videos on YouTube.

All in all I paid 1700 for the whole NBT EVO system same as you would if you bought the old CIC version so that's why it makes no sense to put old antiquated tech for the same price.

With the NBT evo you'll get apple car play wireless and android mirror options and a whole bunch of nice upgrades.

Also all the sound effects also change to the newer Bmw chimes and sound effects. Also the navigation is a huge improvement
$1700 and you get redundant climate controls on your screen that look reminiscent of a Commodore 64 :/
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 11:46 PM   #25
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
Quote:
If you want the XM5 / e71 pads you need to swap the whole center council housing and you'll need the new pads and bezel. It's a totally
Different part. Got
These out of a junk yard for cheap. They where like brand new.

It's a pretty hearty DIY and you'll need a whole day as the whole center council needs to be removed.

The steering wheel swap, you need to contact car systems for support but as far as I know only the F10 steering wheel will work with the coding box they have.

Like I said in the earlier post you can opt for
The smaller screen and fit that in the same spot as the original for a complete oem look.

The climate control issue is resolved with their own bypass module that shows the controls on the screen
Bimmer retrofit
Has all the videos on YouTube.

All in all I paid 1700 for the whole NBT EVO system same as you would if you bought the old CIC version so that's why it makes no sense to put old antiquated tech for the same price.

With the NBT evo you'll get apple car play wireless and android mirror options and a whole bunch of nice upgrades.

Also all the sound effects also change to the newer Bmw chimes and sound effects. Also the navigation is a huge improvement
$1700 and you get redundant climate controls on your screen that look reminiscent of a Commodore 64 :/
Right and 99% of it is great and up to code to the most modern of infotainment systems. Since I leave my controls set at 70 and auto I use it rarely and give a rats ass about the look of their setup but what's important is it works and functions. The stock e70 isn't all the greatest anyway. But yes the graphics need work and hey who knows in time they may update it. But it's an option for people who want to do this for their vehicle.

Hey it's not for everybody but I enjoy it so it works for me so take your wining elsewhere. Hey buying it new from Bmw is thousands more so 1700 is not bad for all the hardware and the help they gave to walk me through it.

If people want to know more about it I'm their to help.

Theirs a lot out their to wast money on and for me this worked and gave me what I wanted. It's a free country and I can blow my money on what I want and don't need a stupid response like that. And also for me I don't want Chinese products in the car if I can help it so the Avin was not an option.

The e70 doesn't work well to adapt an aftermarket stereo and with this OEM unit I get a huge update to my navigation, HD radio, sat radio, sound effects that sound like the F15 x5, better all around hardware and wireless apple CarPlay and wireless android mirroring as well as other options. free lifetime updates, and also updates are coming to link to the phones internet for fully functioning net and traffic and weather, stocks and all that Jazz.

All of my stock programming that my e70 system had, I retain with the evo system. I upgraded and retrofitted HUD, and have lift gate level control.

Aftermarket stereos don't really work with the e70 and I know the AVIN unit is great for budget minded people but as you even stated theirs small issues that people have with theirs ranging from usability to i-drive dial controls not working and the volume issue you stated. Well I don't have those issues as mine operates like any oem Bmw unit because it is. Though in time the issues you speak of from the AVIN will probably be fixed if not already.

So yes. In my opinion 1700 is not bad given the quality of the larger 10" screen and new options and excellent customer service Incase theirs an issue. And the fact that I have 100% factory controls like the touch controls and I drive wheel that work effortlessly. You can go OEM touch screen if you want as well but I hate marks all over the screen.

It just feels like quality oem system should.
With CarPlay I press my steering wheel voice button Siri responds and does what I ask. It's a very well thought out upgrade.

The other options that are cheaper and offer different options and functionality are fine if that floats your boat but I'm not going to piss all over it because I didn't go that route.
Thank god we have options both cheap and premium or just plain expensive because if we didn't man that would be boring!

As you said To each Their own.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 07:54 AM   #26
95wildtt
Need mo $$s
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M Competition

Quote:
Right and 99% of it is great and up to code to the most modern of infotainment systems. Since I leave my controls set at 70 and auto I use it rarely and give a rats ass about the look of their setup but what's important is it works and functions. The stock e70 isn't all the greatest anyway. But yes the graphics need work and hey who knows in time they may update it. But it's an option for people who want to do this for their vehicle.

Hey it's not for everybody but I enjoy it so it works for me so take your wining elsewhere. Hey buying it new from Bmw is thousands more so 1700 is not bad for all the hardware and the help they gave to walk me through it.

If people want to know more about it I'm their to help.

Theirs a lot out their to wast money on and for me this worked and gave me what I wanted. It's a free country and I can blow my money on what I want and don't need a stupid response like that. And also for me I don't want Chinese products in the car if I can help it so the Avin was not an option.

The e70 doesn't work well to adapt an aftermarket stereo and with this OEM unit I get a huge update to my navigation, HD radio, sat radio, sound effects that sound like the F15 x5, better all around hardware and apple CarPlay and android mirror as well as other options free update coming to link to the phone for fully functioning net and traffic and weather.

Lots of my stock things that my e70 system had, I retain with the evo system. I upgraded and retrofitted HUD, and have lift gate level control.

Aftermarket stereo wouldn't work I know the AVIN unit is great for budget minded people but as you even stated theirs small issues that people have with theirs and the volume issue you stated I don't have as mine operates like any oem Bmw unit because it is. Though in time it will probably be fixed if not already.

So yes. In my opinion 1700 is not bad given the quality of the larger 10" screen and new options and excellent customer service Incase theirs an issue. And the fact that I have 100% factory controls like the touch controls and I drive wheel. You can go touch screen if you want but I hate marks all over the screen. It just feels like quality oem system should.
With CarPlay I press my steering wheel voice button Siri responds and does what I ask. It's a very well thought out upgrade.

The other options that are cheaper and offer different options and functionality are fine if that floats your boat but I'm not going to piss all over it because I didn't go that route.
Thank god we have options both cheap and premium or just plain expensive because if we didn't man that would be boring!

As you said To each Their own.
Agree 100%, don't think I've changed the climate control more than 1 time in the 8 years I've owned my E70.

Love my NBT EVO, best upgrade yet...
John
Past: 2020 X3M, 2019 TTS, 2008 X5 4.8 M Sport
Appreciate 0