XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-14-2021, 09:35 PM   #1
LSX5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35d

Bluetooth module location

Good evening
Can someone tell me where I would be able to locate the bluetooth module in my 2012 x5?
Does anyone know of the bluetooth module has to get programmed if replaced?

Thank
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 12:15 AM   #2
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

its in the trunk on the left side..
most BT modules dont need programming as long as the car is equipped with AUX.. E70 has it so with very high probability it doesnt need programming..
      04-15-2021, 07:17 AM   #3
LSX5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
its in the trunk on the left side..
most BT modules dont need programming as long as the car is equipped with AUX.. E70 has it so with very high probability it doesnt need programming..
Thank you for that info YCO. Will it be on the left side where the access panel is or under where the hatch where spare tire could be kept?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 11:00 AM   #4
tomgrey
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e93, M sport, 269 alloys

Bluetooth combox location

Hi, I expect you have already found the unit by now. It is on left (as you stand at back of car looking to front). You remove the access panel and it is at 1.00pm position as you look in. If you remove access panel and you see all the fuses, you are on the wrong side of the car.
The photo attached will help you confirm you have the right thing. Removing it is easy, only, when you know how. The connectors each have a slightly different way of fixing and releasing.
Take your time and you will see how they work.
On one end you have large 180 degree (half moon) connector. This has a small nipple that you depress and then the retainer swings up through 180 degrees and connector will unplug itself. The black connector near it is the fiber optic and this has a thing you have to push in before you can unplug it.
At the other end you have different connectors and each has a retaining 'nipple' that you need to push down before you can pull out the connectors This end is a bit more fiddly but take your time and as it happens really easy when you have it done right.
Good luck.
Attached Images

05-01-2021, 07:43 PM   #5
LSX5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgrey View Post
Hi, I expect you have already found the unit by now. It is on left (as you stand at back of car looking to front). You remove the access panel and it is at 1.00pm position as you look in. If you remove access panel and you see all the fuses, you are on the wrong side of the car.
The photo attached will help you confirm you have the right thing. Removing it is easy, only, when you know how. The connectors each have a slightly different way of fixing and releasing.
On one end you have large 180 degree (half moon) connector. This has a small nipple that you depress and then the retainer swings up through 180 degrees and connector will unplug itself. The black connector near it is the fiber optic and this has a thing you have to push in before you can unplug it.
At the other end you have different connectors and each has a retaining 'nipple' that you need to push down before you can pull out the connectors This end is a bit more fiddly but take your time and as it happens really easy when you have it done right.
Good luck.
Thank you very much Tomgrey appreciate the info.

Luke
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2022, 07:54 PM   #6
3star1
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Good Evening I am new to the site I have a 2008 X5 E70 no bluetooth no module in lug compartment or correctors does BMW hide the harness or not install it Phone button on steering wheel seams odd thanks for any help
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 11:35 PM   #7
virtualbong
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgrey View Post
Good luck.
I can’t for the life of me unplug the separate connectors. Does anyone have a video on how to do it? I don’t want to break it.
Appreciate 0