XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Photo/Video/Audio Gallery

08-22-2008, 08:00 PM   #23
GnokGnik
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, 997 C2S

I am going to be waiting for the x6 M CSL (or would it be SUVSL?), lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 10:23 PM   #24
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
this is ridiculous.........it's another freakin' war with the german automakers...........porsche has it's cayenne turbo s and the benz has the ML63 or w/e...........now bmw wants a freaking X6 M?!!? WTF

Why can't they just make an X6.5 or something and leave it at that rather than messing w/ the M badge
fo sho wtf!!!!
      08-23-2008, 12:48 AM   #25
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Just what BMW needs. A 5,000 lbs plus vehicle that sucks even more gas. What a waste of time.

If they actually put a M-badge on this thing, they will lose many BMW hardcore fans.

The "M" badge has heritage. M does stand for motorsports.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2008, 03:00 AM   #26
BMWPower06
A^M=G is nothing w/o the Power of ///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M5 & ///M3

that def sounds like the TT V8 to me, my cousin has an M5, it sounds much more high pitched than that. That sounded throaty like a V8
      08-23-2008, 07:59 AM   #27
yashBMW
Superior Genral
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 750Li

its an amazing car
but
its not fit to be an M car
comon its an SUV
i hope bmw does not badge this as a M but a X6 6.0i or somthing
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2008, 10:39 AM   #28
titaniume90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

sounds like a TT V8
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2008, 04:25 PM   #29
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

The head of the M division clearly stated in an interview that they WILL be branding an X5 and X6 variant with the M badge...

For all those that are posting that they 'hope' the M division is NOT going to release an M version of the X6 (or X5 for that matter), sorry, it's going to happen if you like it or not.

And I am going to be one of those people that is going to be first in line at my dealership to put an order in to replace my X6 xDrive50i with the M version...
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2008, 08:03 PM   #30
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
The head of the M division clearly stated in an interview that they WILL be branding an X5 and X6 variant with the M badge...

For all those that are posting that they 'hope' the M division is NOT going to release an M version of the X6 (or X5 for that matter), sorry, it's going to happen if you like it or not.

And I am going to be one of those people that is going to be first in line at my dealership to put an order in to replace my X6 xDrive50i with the M version...
Lets here it boys for another "I have no idea what the //M stands for" consumer........do yourself a favor and read up on the history of BMW, when //M came into existence and what it has meant up till now, including what the philosophy is.

Hopefully, people like you won't have enough money for long to continue to support the retard marketing team and bean counters at BMW......

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2008, 09:09 PM   #31
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
Lets here it boys for another "I have no idea what the //M stands for" consumer........do yourself a favor and read up on the history of BMW, when //M came into existence and what it has meant up till now, including what the philosophy is.

Hopefully, people like you won't have enough money for long to continue to support the retard marketing team and bean counters at BMW......
"M" stands for money......BMW will make enough money from the high margin X5"M" and X6 "M" to allow them to continue to be able to sell the low volume M3,M5 and M6 models.Look up Porsche history...they almost went broke trying to sell low volume sports cars.The Cayenne allows them to sell the low volume 911's,Cayman's,Boxster's,etc.The Cayenne is the highest volume seller in the US Porsche portfolio.The X6 might not look to bad in racing slicks....already pulls .9g's on the skidpad... PalBay
      08-23-2008, 09:15 PM   #32
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:

I do know the history of BMW just fine and I do know where the //M badge came from...

Just because I like this car and wouldn't mind the M division to tweak it has absolutely nothing to do with me NOT knowing the history of the the M cars. You assume a LOT!

I do know and totally understand the M (Motorsport) philosophy and I do applaud them for trying to stick with it. And I also understand that the X5 or X6 does not fit the M philosophy. But who says that they can't change that?

I bet way back when they decided to take the 5 series cars to make it into an M5 there where LOTS of people that said, what the heck, this car (the 5 series) is WAY to heavy to make it a M5... Nowadays, no one questions the M5... In time this will happen with other cars too. And who says that they can't shave off a couple of hundred pounds of the X5 or X6 if they wanted to (e.g. the M3 with a carbon fiber roof to reduce weight and lower the center of gravity)...
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2008, 09:17 PM   #33
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palbay View Post
"M" stands for money......BMW will make enough money from the high margin X5"M" and X6 "M" to allow them to continue to be able to sell the low volume M3,M5 and M6 models.Look up Porsche history...they almost went broke trying to sell low volume sports cars.The Cayenne allows them to sell the low volume 911's,Cayman's,Boxster's,etc.The Cayenne is the highest volume seller in the US Porsche portfolio.The X6 might not look to bad in racing slicks....already pulls .9g's on the skidpad... PalBay
Thanks Palbay, was going to write something like that when I saw your post... no need for me to do the same
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2008, 03:50 AM   #34
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Quote:

well,i am NOT pretty sure that M5 wagons and M3 wagons are part of so called "M philosophy",that was also M for money...so,take it easy man,and let us enjoy our X6 philosophy.

Last edited by Deda; 08-24-2008 at 02:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2008, 03:55 AM   #35
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Yes, i agree with you..

Refering to Porsche,thay are just about to put FIRST DIESEL ENGINE in Porsche Cayenne...why?
For money and to insure more profit!!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2008, 04:25 AM   #36
Daniel B
X6 Driver
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 3.5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashBMW View Post
its an amazing car
but
its not fit to be an M car
comon its an SUV
i hope bmw does not badge this as a M but a X6 6.0i or somthing
Comon...Compare to a ferrari M3 is a SUV...

When will you get the point!
Drive the car and realise that it perform and acts like a sport car...
Time to think outside the box...
Tell me... Why most a sport car have to be a little toy with no space?
      08-24-2008, 11:18 AM   #37
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
I drove the X6 ON A TRACK and its a friggin boat.......if you think that thing will at handle even an old e46 M3, send me over some of that crack you are smoking.

I don't care who I piss off, anyone here who thinks this is a good idea has no clue about //M and just continue posting this nonsense.

BTW, get a clue buddy, //M used to stand for a lot more than money.

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2008, 11:28 AM   #38
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

*sigh*

for those of you who are excited by the X5 M and X6 M, go grab an AMG suv...
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2008, 02:25 PM   #39
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

cool ,but old video. new time has come...
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2008, 05:25 PM   #40
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

Quote:
I drove the X6 ON A TRACK and its a friggin boat.......if you think that thing will at handle even an old e46 M3, send me over some of that crack you are smoking.
BMW's own track testing at the Nurburgring has the X6 50i lapping faster than a Maserati and within eight seconds of a 2007 M3. That's on an eight-minute lap time!

Hardly 'a boat', no matter what you think of it.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #41
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie's Dad View Post
BMW's own track testing at the Nurburgring has the X6 50i lapping faster than a Maserati and within eight seconds of a 2007 M3. That's on an eight-minute lap time!

Now just think of what the M version of the X6 will do once the M division engineers are done tweaking the car ....
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2008, 09:30 PM   #42
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

Quote:
Now just think of what the M version of the X6 will do once the M division engineers are done tweaking the car ....
++1 Thanks! PalBay
      08-25-2008, 01:52 AM   #43
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Yeah,i agree.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 03:47 AM   #44
Daniel B
X6 Driver
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 3.5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie's Dad View Post

Thank´s!

Hope that will keep some jealous mouth shut...