XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-22-2017, 03:24 PM   #1
kmools
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 M-Sport

E70 Rear Bumper Clip Issue

All,

I know this topic has been well documented on this forum and others but wanted to reach out and see if anyone has found a ‘fix’.

By way of background, I own a 2012 E-70 X5 M Sport that I bought CPO in August of 2015. About a month after buying it, the attendants in my garage (I think) backed it up causing the bumper clips to pop out and warp the bumper. After haggling with their insurance, etc. we took the car to BMW to be fixed. Following that repair, the bumper ‘popped out’ again but this time with no damage or scratches on the bumper.
  • The car has now been in and out of the dealer for the better part of a year. They’ve tried (in order):
  • using a new bumper claiming that the first one was defective
  • using a new bumper again claiming the second one was defective
  • Replacing the brackets
  • Replacing the bar that the bumper clips in to
  • Using a new bumper but adding epoxy (BMW NA’s suggestion) to bond the bumper and prevent it from popping out
  • (I’m probably missing some fixes they tried in between)

Low and behold, it popped out even with the glue and the car is back in with them.

Has anyone found a solution? For those that had the issue and had it fixed, did it come back? Is there another bumper that I can use with an M-Sport that doesn’t have these issues?

Appreciate any help folks can provide. Totally frustrated.

Kam
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 04:23 PM   #2
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

I wouldn't be surprised if something else was going on. By design it shouldn't do that. So something may be pressing against it or something, Especially since you've already replaced the bumper and even if adhesive let's loose theirs something else going on causing the problem that you need to find. May not be the bumper at all.

Without seeing the part and looking it over I'd have no idea.
Appreciate 0