XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

06-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #1
1series_rulez
Rep
Drives: 1er

Advise on flap controlled X6M exhaust

Hi guys,

after I bought my data display from insidePerformance.de a few month ago (see my last thread), I am now thinking about buying their new flap controlled high flow exhaust. I got the information about that from them yesterday via eMail..

Has anybody already installed their system on his X5M or X6M?

http://www.insideperformance.de/onli...22/language/en

They promise to have the most high flow and performance gaining system on the market - with flaps open it is 100% straight through without any mufflers and fully 3" wide..

picture looks good on that:

But any real experience on that from anybody?

They have it installed on their X6M Stealth with more than 700HP / PS - so somehow it seems to work..

Others like akrapovic so not semm to be so much performance oriented - and besides, on their construction only outer OR inner tailpipes do work (depending on the flap position), but at no time all four.. on the insidePerformance solution it seems that always all four tips do work..

What do you think? I although plan to do some ECU mapping / tuning on my X6M so I want to be ready with a new exhaust for that next step..

greetings.. & thanx for all comments..

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
Toneaero
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

I haven't seen an axel back exhaust that kept the exhaust butterfly valve so thanks for sharing. BUT for over $5k?!?! That's very expensive for just an axel back setup.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2013, 05:11 AM   #3
1series_rulez
Rep
Drives: 1er

Hi - no they told me price is about 4300 USD (listed prices are with German VAT tax which we do not have to pay).
Even still expensive - I know - but best solution I have seen until now..
Appreciate 0