XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-10-2008, 11:56 PM   #23
LeMansM5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
I think having as an option a three row bench is very smart because they are definitely losing customers over this option. .......I would probably like to order a bench seat because we just had a baby and I would like to put baby seat in middle and retain two regular seats
Correct. Most safety agencies recommend putting the child car seat in the middle in case there is a side impact. Even with one baby I prefer to put in the center than on the sides.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2008, 12:44 AM   #24
branko
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d, X6 3.5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
I will not say what I think about someone that orders a car without ever looking at it.
Plenty of strange people on this planet
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2008, 12:48 AM   #25
branko
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d, X6 3.5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
I say, the X5 can't handle as good, accelerate as good, brake as good or look as good.
That is just a matter of time...
The new engines will show up in the X5 and the DPC will at least be optional, maybe even standard..
Braking should be the same, since the weight is about the same anyway...
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2008, 05:46 AM   #26
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: always changing

questionable... consider the rear room/shape of the car. would be a safety issue, no?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2008, 09:50 AM   #27
Kojak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i M-Sport

If you think rear visibility is bad now; just consider what it will be like with a tall passenger in the middle of a rear bench seat
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 10:02 AM   #28
lonely_dxb83
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

for people who complaining the x6 not fit for the passengers or kids position,, they can go for x5.. each model has its strategy and design.. so for someone who care about carrying more passengers and kids,, they can have x5 plus 7 seat..
BMW aimed x6 to be sport coupe SAV,, they didn't put in mind they will aim it to people who carry kids,, cause its already in x5,,
its the same case for people who drive a coupe and complain that there isn't enough seat in the back,,,
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 10:34 AM   #29
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
If you think rear visibility is bad now; just consider what it will be like with a tall passenger in the middle of a rear bench seat
+1!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 11:20 AM   #30
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
I can not see why they will do that..if you want 4-seater coupe you will buy x6 if you want 5 seater than you will go for x5...it doesent matter, buyer stays at BMW dealership,just buying diffrent car,but same bmw production.
I agree they will not change it, if you need more seats buy something else.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2008, 12:00 PM   #31
trinacliff
Registered
Rep
Drives: Black 2008 X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely_dxb83 View Post
BMW aimed x6 to be sport coupe SAV,, they didn't put in mind they will aim it to people who carry kids,, cause its already in x5,,its the same case for people who drive a coupe and complain that there isn't enough seat in the back,,,
Yes, and I have to say for people with only two children, the back seat works wonderfully the way it is. The seats are roomy, they have cup holders there, and a little place to keep all their stuff...plus the armrest can come down to help keep bickering children *on their side*! They each have their own little nook down in there...like a little cubby hole.

Lastly, I don't want the option of taking more kids with me...I can keep my own little buggers from kicking and scuffing the back of the front seats, but the other day I was cringing when my daughter's friend was kicking the back of my seat. I couldn't get to where we were going fast enough! hahaha

Kristen
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2008, 02:58 PM   #32
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

One more question,how often do you drive 5 persons on your car? Never!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 05:54 AM   #33
lonely_dxb83
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
One more question,how often do you drive 5 persons on your car? Never!
when you have 3 kids loooool

most ppl in my country never ever buy X6 if they have many kids..

most who own the X6 still single age 22-35 or married and they have one kid.. so for ppl who have kids they prefer X5 or another japanese truck like land cruiser....
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 07:17 AM   #34
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
when you have 3 kids loooool

most ppl in my country never ever buy X6 if they have many kids..

most who own the X6 still single age 22-35 or married and they have one kid.. so for ppl who have kids they prefer X5 or another japanese truck like land cruiser....
Yes,i respect your answer and reasons for 5 seats or maybe more...

However,i never drive more more then 2 persons in my car..so i dont care much about 5 seats in x6...and 3 passingers in second row never enjoy ride.

Finally, i dont care much if they change x6 from 4-seter to 5 seater,because mine will be SAC with 4 seats
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 03:57 PM   #35
My535i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 535i

Sorry to bring this back from the dead but just wanted to see if there was any update on this?

The wife needs a new suv and we really like the X6 (mainly because of the N54 motor, unique look, and performance) but we'd like to put a baby seat in the middle rear. We don't necessarily need a "bench" but some kind of method to put the baby seat in the middle.

In my 535 we quite often are 5 people...2 adults front, 2 adults rear, and baby in the middle...if this was an option it would be X6 all the way for us!!
      12-22-2008, 04:11 PM   #36
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
for people who complaining the x6 not fit for the passengers or kids position,, they can go for x5.. each model has its strategy and design.. so for someone who care about carrying more passengers and kids,, they can have x5 plus 7 seat..
BMW aimed x6 to be sport coupe SAV,, they didn't put in mind they will aim it to people who carry kids,, cause its already in x5,,
its the same case for people who drive a coupe and complain that there isn't enough seat in the back,,,

Well they should have because I hate the way the X5 drives and would never buy this vehicle because I need to tote around kids. I bought the X6 because I want performance but it would have been much smarter for BMW to make a rear bench seat or at least keep the rear bucket make the middle section at least usable with a child seat. Now I have to put the car seat behind my seat so it is only a three seater when it could have been four seater.

Oh well. I do know BMW has lost a lot of sales to the X5 for this reason alone. My client advisor has told that he has lost several sales for this reason alone. Would be very smart for BMW to at least have a no-cost option for a rear bench seat and let the consumer choose
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 04:15 PM   #37
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
Well they should have because I hate the way the X5 drives and would never buy this vehicle because I need to tote around kids. I bought the X6 because I want performance but it would have been much smarter for BMW to make a rear bench seat or at least keep the rear bucket make the middle section at least usable with a child seat. Now I have to put the car seat behind my seat so it is only a three seater when it could have been four seater.

Oh well. I do know BMW has lost a lot of sales to the X5 for this reason alone. My client advisor has told that he has lost several sales for this reason alone. Would be very smart for BMW to at least have a no-cost option for a rear bench seat and let the consumer choose
I would tend to believe that if folks have kids they would opt for the X5. I would not consider an X6 if I had to tote kids around. Too little room.
      12-22-2008, 04:18 PM   #38
My535i
First Lieutenant
Rep

X5 is out for me because I want the N54 motor. Like I said, I don't necessarily need a bench... I just want to be able to install a car seat in the center

Same as shenard...if I install the baby seat on either side (which I do not like to do anyway) I end up with a three seater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
I would tend to believe that if folks have kids they would opt for the X5. I would not consider an X6 if I had to tote kids around. Too little room.
      12-22-2008, 04:29 PM   #39
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by My535i View Post
X5 is out for me because I want the N54 motor. Like I said, I don't necessarily need a bench... I just want to be able to install a car seat in the center

Same as shenard...if I install the baby seat on either side (which I do not like to do anyway) I end up with a three seater.
The X5 is a three seater than two because you can only get 2-1/2 people in the second row. Most of the volume is vertical width is the same.

Maybe 2 little kids would fit along with a child seat.
      12-22-2008, 04:52 PM   #40
My535i
First Lieutenant
Rep

Really? I don't know too much about the X5, the wife currently has a Touareg I always assumed the X5 had at least as much rear passenger space as a Touareg? I my wifes Touareg we have the baby seat in the middle and regularly have 2 passengers + the baby in the back with no problems at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
The X5 is a three seater than two because you can only get 2-1/2 people in the second row. Most of the volume is vertical width is the same.

Maybe 2 little kids would fit along with a child seat.