XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

12-29-2008, 09:09 AM   #1
Mr_X6
Mr_NYC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 X6 Black on Black

BMW Service

I had to take my car into BMW to get serviced. i asked for a loaner car and was told that they only give loaners if u call 3 weeks in advance. So I asked that means if I were goin to work and my car broke down you would not be able to give me a loaner"? I was told that is correct. What kind of service is that? I also have a Lexus and they give me a loaner even when i go to have an oil change. Im really dissapointed in BMW.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2008, 09:21 AM   #2
Anteater
An Englishman in Chicago......
United_States
Rep
Drives: VR X6 35i

Sorry to hear that - I suspect that it is dealer-specific however. When I first took delivery of my 35i it had to go back into the dealer because there was a small scratch that needed buffing out. They gave me a loaner immediately. I took the car in (to a different dealer) 2 weeks ago for its 15,000 service and also got a loaner without any problem - I booked it only a week before the service.

Cheers, Anteater
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2008, 01:27 PM   #3
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

At our dealer if you are making a normal service appointment either by phone or via the net you can specify
1. if you want a loaner
2. if you want your loaner to be a bmw (this is usually a longer wait).
if you don't care they have car rental on site and you can get one from them.
3. if you take your car in because it's "broke" you get loaner , if no bmw available they pick up the tab for a rental.

So I think anteater is correct it's a dealer thing.
      12-29-2008, 04:13 PM   #4
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

strange,they should gave you a car! hate that kind of stealership!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2008, 05:14 PM   #5
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_X6 View Post
I had to take my car into BMW to get serviced. i asked for a loaner car and was told that they only give loaners if u call 3 weeks in advance. So I asked that means if I were goin to work and my car broke down you would not be able to give me a loaner"? I was told that is correct. What kind of service is that? I also have a Lexus and they give me a loaner even when i go to have an oil change. Im really dissapointed in BMW.
Did you purchase your car at this dealer? Or did you buy it elsewhere?

I have had no problems with my dealer. I can get an appointment and a loaner in a few hours if needed. However, I never needed to. When I call they can schedule a routine appointment in 2-3 days but I usually push it off a week or two to fit my schedule.
      12-29-2008, 05:57 PM   #6
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
At our dealer if you are making a normal service appointment either by phone or via the net you can specify
1. if you want a loaner
2. if you want your loaner to be a bmw (this is usually a longer wait).
if you don't care they have car rental on site and you can get one from them.
3. if you take your car in because it's "broke" you get loaner , if no bmw available they pick up the tab for a rental.

So I think anteater is correct it's a dealer thing.
+1

My dealership offers the exact same service.

Mr. X6, I think that it is a dealership 'issue'!
If I were you, I would tell them that you are not happy with this kind of service and if they want to have you come back to their dealership, that they better 'fix' this ASAP! (After all, service is where they make their money...)
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #7
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
+1

My dealership offers the exact same service.

Mr. X6, I think that it is a dealership 'issue'!
If I were you, I would tell them that you are not happy with this kind of service and if they want to have you come back to their dealership, that they better 'fix' this ASAP! (After all, service is where they make their money...)
+1

Lately, I have been getting a BMW even on short notice because I have been a frequent customer lately it seems
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 04:52 AM   #8
dimitrik
Private
France
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
I think that this mostly depends on the dealer. When I got my E92 over two years ago, my dealer needed quite a lot of time to organise a loaner. Since then they have bought their own loaner fleet and I've never had a problem getting one. I did notice that as an E92 owner I kept on getting minis or 1 series loaners, in the worst case when they messed something up in the shop they gave me an E90.

Now with the X6 I get at minimum an E90 and usually it is a 5 series. I have an appointment for an idrive update on the 7th and they asked me if I wanted a loaner as it should only take a few hours but if something goes wrong they apparently have to start the update all over again. When I asked if they could give me a mini (it's amazing how much easier it is to find parking in Paris with a small car!!!!) they looked at me as if I were an alien and had to ask me if I was sure four times before saying ok!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 05:53 AM   #9
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

BMW Service

If the dealer is planning to sell us our next BMW & wants to stay in business these days, they should:
1) Service appointments within 1week &
2) Offer courtesy/loaner of the same series of car being serviced or a Higherseries. How else will they get you to test your next prospective BMW, if they want your future business?
But I would not know how many dealers wants our future business???
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 04:36 PM   #10
Mr_X6
Mr_NYC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 X6 Black on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
Did you purchase your car at this dealer? Or did you buy it elsewhere?

I have had no problems with my dealer. I can get an appointment and a loaner in a few hours if needed. However, I never needed to. When I call they can schedule a routine appointment in 2-3 days but I usually push it off a week or two to fit my schedule.
Yes i did buy my car from this dealer. Im not really surprised by their service because they were horrible when they sold me the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 05:02 PM   #11
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

yes,sometimes they act like assholes!
Appreciate 0