XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-19-2018, 04:58 PM   #1
Gregmanz
Lost user
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 x5m

Disabling rear self leveling without coding on x5m

I have tried searching but so far no luck. The original issue with the vehicle was that the compressor would not come on, it bench tested fine but when installed wouldn’t kick on. Needing an immediate fix a spring conversion was shipped and i put them in. Things were great until it went in for a recall for the fuel pump and now all of a sudden the compressor kicks on all the time. It seems the shady Russian dealer we got it from had it disabled.

has anyone had any luck disabling the compressor besides the kw links or coding? I ordered the stuff to do coding but need to get a computer yet and learn it. It seems more complicated than vagcom. Pulling a fuse will most likely caught a light on the dash.

I’ll be pulling it in the garage to get the wastegates rebuilt and do the thermostat plugs and possible valve cover gaskets here soon so I will be experimenting but would like to get others opinion on solutions.
Appreciate 0