XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

06-07-2014, 04:25 AM   #1
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

How much over invoice for 2014 x6?

So the 2014 is the current model, but its out of production. Dealers have to wait at least 5 months until they can get new stock. Because of this, does it make it harder to deal because there aren't enough of them now, or easier to deal because they want to make sure they're all gone before the new ones roll in?

I've seen where its appropriate to offer perhaps $1k over invoice for a 2015 x5 right now, but I have no idea what to do with the current situation of the x6. I know that if I say anything other than MSRP he'll use some excuse why it's not justified so I need ammunition. The 'I'll just walk away' tactic sadly isn't an option.

I could regroup and order an x5, but that would make me sad.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 06:30 AM   #2
imsag
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 35d

Would you really pay over invoice for an outgoing model?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 07:31 AM   #3
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep

Well, ordinarily I would say no. But in this case I need to pay what they're willing to take within the bounds of what my insurance will pay.

From reading my policy, since you can't get an exact copy of my car since it has p1 options, my limit should be 110% of the MSRP of the exact copy. That's comes to about $83k. However, there is some verbage about 'what I paid plus inflation' which would be about $73k.

"The amount we will pay to replace your covered auto will not exceed the cost of a new auto of the same make and model with the same equipment, or if a new auto of the same make and model with the same equipment is not available, the cost of a new auto that is:

1. Similar in size, body class and equipment; and

2. Similar in price to the price that you paid for the auto being replaced, as adjusted for inflation, but not to exceed an amount equal to 110% of the MSRP of the auto being replaced."

My current fave has an MSRP of $80,525. I ran it through Edmunds and come up with a TMV of ~$75k. 75 is a whole lot closer to what I paid plus inflation than 80 is.

Since I can't get adaptive drive, we're looking at 5.0s. It's not like we were just missing soft close doors here. Plus, the pickings are really slim for highly optioned 3.5s. (At least if you're completely unwilling to accept black interior.)

What I Really want to do is see if I can possibly convince the ins co to let me wait to order a 2015. I'd be willing to pay for the rental myself.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 07:44 AM   #4
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep

And -- for everyone that can read these words: I really suggest that you get a gold or platinum package from Allstate and add new car expanded protection (its only $20 extra).

When my bill comes every 6 months I have insurance envy, but oh baby am I glad I have it now. I'd say priceless, but its really $30k. I infinity% would rather have not had the accident, but that takes a lot of the sting out.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 12:22 PM   #5
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbja View Post
What I Really want to do is see if I can possibly convince the ins co to let me wait to order a 2015. I'd be willing to pay for the rental myself.
Heck, if the amount is fixed -then they should hopefully just give you a check (we all know this probably won't happen).

THEN, I would do a swaplease on a X6 to hold you over until the new ones are ready -and that would be about 9 months+ from now because you don't want one of those early builds....
Appreciate 0