XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-24-2017, 04:11 PM   #1
eric_r
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70d LCI, F56 JCW

What can I do about these gross silver headlight housings?

I just realized why I hate the way my front end looks. There's too much damn silver for a white car. I ordered genuine gloss black kidneys but what can I do about my headlight housings? I'm pretty sure I've seen plenty of E70 with black housings.

It's most visible
View post on imgur.com
      08-24-2017, 10:37 PM   #2
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_r View Post
I just realized why I hate the way my front end looks. There's too much damn silver for a white car. I ordered genuine gloss black kidneys but what can I do about my headlight housings? I'm pretty sure I've seen plenty of E70 with black housings.

It's most visible here.
Well you can put a tinted film over your headlights or take them apart and paint the housings. The film is the easiest and cheapest, the ladder is far more complicated. And you risk headlight damage.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 11:33 AM   #3
2slick4u
Corporate Thug
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 X5 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Well you can put a tinted film over your headlights or take them apart and paint the housings. The film is the easiest and cheapest, the ladder is far more complicated. And you risk headlight damage.
Or you can go in the extreme opposite direction http://oneightynyc.com/. I know they're no where near your neck of the woods, but this could be an option..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 12:07 PM   #4
rkstar9
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 3.5D

I have thought of this, If you could paint the housing black and tint the clear side marker it would look nice.

Not sure how involved it is to open the headlights. do we need to cut them open with a dremmel or bake them or do they just clip off?
      08-29-2017, 04:23 PM   #5
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slick4u View Post
Or you can go in the extreme opposite direction http://oneightynyc.com/. I know they're no where near your neck of the woods, but this could be an option..
This!

These guys did my M3 headlights, they do awesome work. $, but worth it IMO.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 12:00 AM   #6
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12' X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slick4u View Post
Can also vouch for these guys they did my m6 headlights. Shipped from California to them and the turn around wasn't to bad. They do great work
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 09:12 AM   #7
SyL3nTFoRcE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

if your a DIY you can open the headlights and paint the inside black. You will need to remove all electrical items on it and then bake them open then use an adhesive to put them back to together, if you prefer for someone else to do this then what the guys above me said the guys at oneightynyc do good work I've seen alot of there light work on bmws around the area.
Appreciate 0