XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
skitsz89
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 4.8 & 335xi

picked up a 4.8 x5 your help needed

hi how are you guys im new to this form. i have a 2008 335 and now with two kids i just picked up a 2008 bmw x5 4.8 sapphire black.

just wanna know what upgrades i could do for a new look i've heard about the aero kit, i wanna change the halos and the foglights also. and i also wanna get wider fender flares. websites to buy the items would be apprechiated...

I JUST WANT EVERYONES OPINION GOOD AND BAD COMMENTS ARE WELCOMED THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE HELP IN ADVANCE.
stuff i've done so far

-black grills
-black lower mesh grills
-tinted windows
-led interior lights

car has
-navigation
-panaramic roof
-sensors
-back up rear camera

my 335

the new toy x5 4.8
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
mrmomo313
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

I no longer have my 4.8i x5 but here are some pics of what I did to mine. It actually looked exactly like yours before all the mods. I included a pic of what it looked like before the mods as well just to show you how big of a transformation it was. Things that were done include: Aero kit, wider wheel flairs, running boards, gloss black kidney grills, x6m wheels and 35% tints. All of the parts were ordered through my local BMW dealership and painted by them. All of that totalled somewhere near $3500-4000. Not really sure if there was a less expensive route but that was the one I followed and was happy with the result.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
WCM3
Î canŧ főcus mŷ attėntĭon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 Rubicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmomo313 View Post
I no longer have my 4.8i x5 but here are some pics of what I did to mine. It actually looked exactly like yours before all the mods. I included a pic of what it looked like before the mods as well just to show you how big of a transformation it was. Things that were done include: Aero kit, wider wheel flairs, running boards, gloss black kidney grills, x6m wheels and 35% tints. All of the parts were ordered through my local BMW dealership and painted by them. All of that totalled somewhere near $3500-4000. Not really sure if there was a less expensive route but that was the one I followed and was happy with the result.
I think that looks great! Is there anything performance related you can do to the 4.8? Sorry, newbie..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
skitsz89
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

looks really good. do you know if i get the wider fender flares if i have to change my running boards and aero kit looks good but i saw a picture of a front ac schnitzer front lip i liked also i posted a picture

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #5
mrmomo313
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

[QUOTE=skitsz89;11131230]looks really good. do you know if i get the wider fender flares if i have to change my running boards and aero kit looks good but i saw a picture of a front ac schnitzer front lip i liked also i posted a picture

yeah the wider flairs work with the normal running boards but not with the m sport package rocker panels

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCM3 View Post
I think that looks great! Is there anything performance related you can do to the 4.8? Sorry, newbie..
really not much since its NA but you can supercharge it which is pretty costly, i know gpower and ess have something for it. another thing to do is an exhaust
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
skitsz89
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

^^thanks for all the help bro...
Appreciate 0