XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
ck27
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

My new 2012 X5M

I picked up my sex5 a couple months ago and I'm finally getting around to post about it...

So... i go downstairs to the parking garage to snap some shots, because, this thread is worthless without pics, and i notice someone grinded up on the front bumper as they were parking or passing by or whatever. SH1T

So I'm in Dallas and want to know where y'all would suggest to get this fixed- looks like it went through the full layer of paint, but no body damage?

To make this first post less gay, here's my mod list-

Current-
Tint front windows

V1 install

Future-
At 1200 miles Renntech tune. (625hp)

Midpipes / tips

Laser jammer

Bmw sport wheel (http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/acc...ing_wheel.html)
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 04:57 AM   #2
Biff Grissel
stankmouth
United_States
Rep
Drives: fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck27 View Post
I picked up my sex5 a couple months ago and I'm finally getting around to post about it...

So... i go downstairs to the parking garage to snap some shots, because, this thread is worthless without pics, and i notice someone grinded up on the front bumper as they were parking or passing by or whatever. SH1T

So I'm in Dallas and want to know where y'all would suggest to get this fixed- looks like it went through the full layer of paint, but no body damage?

Current-
Tint front windows

V1 install

Future-

Midpipes / tips

Laser jammer

bummer man! i had the same thing happen on a new vehicle when my wife took it shopping over the holiday season. depending on severity bumper medic is great and fast, if its bad( but u said no body damage) and if not bumpermedic should do just fine and im sure there is one in dallas. please lemme know hat u think about the renntech tune on ur x5, i just tuned mine and i love it...and im familiar with the renntech on benz's just never with a beemer yet. good luck.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 04:59 AM   #3
Biff Grissel
stankmouth
United_States
Rep
Drives: fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck27 View Post

Current-
Tint front windows

V1 install

Future-

Midpipes / tips

Laser jammer

and btw...i think the ///M alcantera replacement wheel is a little sicker if ur gonna replace the wheel just a thought.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
ck27
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

BMW says that these wheels only work on the m3 coupe/vert. have you seen one on an x?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #5
GmoneyLI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M

I think it's a load of BS that you lose the heated steering wheel function with this upgrade..
I paid for the cold weather package why would you take it away from me? Was it that hard to add the heating coil to the steering wheel??
BMW always making you give something up to get something. It's like they work hard at pissing u off.

They made the ///M performance steering wheel for the x5m so why would they not make it fully functional?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 12:05 AM   #6
johnL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e46 M3

Sorry to hear this man. karma will get back to whoever that did it and drove off. Hope things get sorted out
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #7
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Different Ones

That's really unfortunate. Hope everything works out for you.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #8
3s-a-charm
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Tesla Model X

Garage List
2007 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GmoneyLI View Post
I think it's a load of BS that you lose the heated steering wheel function with this upgrade..
I paid for the cold weather package why would you take it away from me? Was it that hard to add the heating coil to the steering wheel??
BMW always making you give something up to get something. It's like they work hard at pissing u off.

They made the ///M performance steering wheel for the x5m so why would they not make it fully functional?
Try some of the steering wheels offered on classifieds - I've seen M steering wheels for X5 with heating and paddles.
      02-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #9
GmoneyLI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3s-a-charm
Quote:
Originally Posted by GmoneyLI View Post

Try some of the steering wheels offered on classifieds - I've seen M steering wheels for X5 with heating and paddles.
I have the x5m so it has that already. The steering wheel I was talking about was the ///M performance wheel which is alacantra.. Really nice but I don't want to lose the heating function.
Appreciate 0