XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

08-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
chocobo1104
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X6 35i

Regarding adaptive drive and active roll stabalizer

When i ordered my 2011 x6 35i, there was no option called dynamic handling package in canada. To get the package i had to request a special order option and pony up another 500 dollars just to be able to get it. After driving it for around 2 years, it feels like my car is not being able to handle going around the corners as well as it used to when comparing it to when i first got the car. Now, is it possible that active roll stabalizer is not working in my car? I read somewhere that ars needs to be filled with some kind of liquid for it to work just like breaks? If not, could the car be programmed from my dealership without ars when it was serviced since canadian x6 was made without ars as regular option at the time when the car was bought? Help me folks!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
linearequation
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X6 50i

I think you should be able to get the dealer the check it out for you and add those fluids! I hope mine doesn't need those fluids later on!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #3
UAxDEATH(NYC)
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocobo1104 View Post
When i ordered my 2011 x6 35i, there was no option called dynamic handling package in canada. To get the package i had to request a special order option and pony up another 500 dollars just to be able to get it. After driving it for around 2 years, it feels like my car is not being able to handle going around the corners as well as it used to when comparing it to when i first got the car. Now, is it possible that active roll stabalizer is not working in my car? I read somewhere that ars needs to be filled with some kind of liquid for it to work just like breaks? If not, could the car be programmed from my dealership without ars when it was serviced since canadian x6 was made without ars as regular option at the time when the car was bought? Help me folks!
Same shit is here, it seams that BMW is dropping it brand. I have being many times at dealership. They cant help "No problem were found"
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 07:39 AM   #4
chocobo1104
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X6 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAxDEATH(NYC) View Post
Same shit is here, it seams that BMW is dropping it brand. I have being many times at dealership. They cant help "No problem were found"
I will take my car to the dealership to see if they can find any problems regarding ars. But seriously... ars and WITHOUT ars in my opinion just changes the car entirely... Im not confident as I used to be tackling corners and that is just terrible feeling...
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #5
UAxDEATH(NYC)
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwsucks View Post
Check tire pressure. Under inflated tires make a big difference in the handling of a BMW, even if it's off by only 3 PSI.
I'm doing balancing every 1 month. In my case it has nothing to do with it. Problem is in suspension it self. After dealership (with problem not founded), it handles perfect 3-4 days, like a fucking brand new car. After - Hyundai.......
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 11:31 PM   #6
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

I know this is a bit OT since this a BMW thread, but it seems this is a common issue over on the dark side too.

Wonder if BMW uses the same supplier as Mercedes Benz? I have a friend with an Airmatic ML, and he had fixed a couple times at dealer too and it barely lasts a few thousand miles before he starts complaining about another failure. Worst of all he's nearing end of warranty and Mercedes wouldn't extend his warranty, they advice him to get it CPOed. My other buddy had a 2011 M3 with active drive, which I don't actually know if its same thing, but that thing was firm as hell, but just ate up the potholes and bumps and felt like it was glinding over them. He sold it so he didn't have it long enough to judge either way, but he never had any failures.