XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum
 
TireRack





Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-17-2017, 09:10 PM   #1
Birdoprey
Private
16
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: 2013 X5 50i M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Roscoe, Tx

iTrader: (1)

2013 X5 50i hp/tq rating?

I've tried searching and have found conflicting info(at least as far as i can tell). I have a 2013 X5 50i with M-Performance package(don't think that makes a difference). From what i've found the 50i's put out 400hp up to 2012 and from 2014 they put out 440hp. What about 2013? How can i tell?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 12:11 AM   #2
jiggz
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
191
Rep
1,584
Posts

Drives: E90 M3|E70 X5 50i
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdoprey View Post
I've tried searching and have found conflicting info(at least as far as i can tell). I have a 2013 X5 50i with M-Performance package(don't think that makes a difference). From what i've found the 50i's put out 400hp up to 2012 and from 2014 they put out 440hp. What about 2013? How can i tell?
The E70 50i (2011-2013) is rated at 400 HP/450 TQ. If you have the M Performance Package (optional package for 2013 only), it's rated at 440 HP/480 TQ.

The F15 50i (2014+) is rated at 445 HP/480 TQ.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 10:16 AM   #3
Birdoprey
Private
16
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: 2013 X5 50i M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Roscoe, Tx

iTrader: (1)

Ahhh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up! Makes sense now. Mine has the M Sport package but I don't see M Performance listed.

I wonder what it takes to get the M Performance added? Tune only or equipment, etc required?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 10:45 AM   #4
jiggz
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
191
Rep
1,584
Posts

Drives: E90 M3|E70 X5 50i
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdoprey View Post
Ahhh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up! Makes sense now. Mine has the M Sport package but I don't see M Performance listed.

I wonder what it takes to get the M Performance added? Tune only or equipment, etc required?
You're checking via BMW VIN decoder?

The M Performance Package is not that common since it was only offered for 1 year. Along with the bump in power, M Performance added gloss black exhaust tips and aluminum pedals, so that would be an indicator as well for someone who isn't using a VIN decoder. M Sport is purely cosmetic, but is also required for M Performance to be added.

I don't believe you can add the specific M Performance tune, but there are many other tunes out there for the 50i that will add more HP/TQ than M Performance. Dinan recently slashed their tune price from $3K to $926 - it's rated at 494 HP/579 TQ.

https://www.dinancars.com/product/d9...ries&mid=1128/
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 10:55 AM   #5
Birdoprey
Private
16
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: 2013 X5 50i M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Roscoe, Tx

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
You're checking via BMW VIN decoder?

The M Performance Package is not that common since it was only offered for 1 year. Along with the bump in power, M Performance added gloss black exhaust tips and aluminum pedals, so that would be an indicator as well for someone who isn't using a VIN decoder. M Sport is purely cosmetic, but is also required for M Performance to be added.

I don't believe you can add the specific M Performance tune, but there are many other tunes out there for the 50i that will add more HP/TQ than M Performance. Dinan recently slashed their tune price from $3K to $926 - it's rated at 494 HP/579 TQ.

https://www.dinancars.com/product/d9...ries&mid=1128/
Yessir, used the VIN decoder. My exhaust tips are black(though I have not checked to make sure they are supposed to be! lol). Can't remember if brake and gas pedals are alum, but the dummy pedal to the left is alum. Will take a looksee when I get home.
I had looked at the Dinan tunes few months ago and quickly looked elsewhere due to price. Looks like they are now close enough to be of interest. Thanks for the heads up!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 11:08 AM   #6
jiggz
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
191
Rep
1,584
Posts

Drives: E90 M3|E70 X5 50i
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdoprey View Post
Yessir, used the VIN decoder. My exhaust tips are black(though I have not checked to make sure they are supposed to be! lol). Can't remember if brake and gas pedals are alum, but the dummy pedal to the left is alum. Will take a looksee when I get home.
I had looked at the Dinan tunes few months ago and quickly looked elsewhere due to price. Looks like they are now close enough to be of interest. Thanks for the heads up!
The aluminum dead pedal is included with the M Sport Package. These specific pedals at the link below were those that came with M Performance (lots of other pedals out there that a prior owner could have installed) -
https://www.getbmwparts.com/partloca...catalogid=4462

M Performance is listed in the decoder toward the bottom, will look just like this -

S767A Performance Package

*Note - if you do have M Performance, at least the Dinan tune will not work I don't think. They have a disclaimer on their site that some 2013 models are not supported, and I've always assumed it's the M Performance Package X's.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 11:23 AM   #7
Birdoprey
Private
16
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: 2013 X5 50i M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Roscoe, Tx

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
The aluminum dead pedal is included with the M Sport Package. These specific pedals at the link below were those that came with M Performance (lots of other pedals out there that a prior owner could have installed) -
https://www.getbmwparts.com/partloca...catalogid=4462

M Performance is listed in the decoder toward the bottom, will look just like this -

S767A Performance Package

*Note - if you do have M Performance, at least the Dinan tune will not work I don't think. They have a disclaimer on their site that some 2013 models are not supported, and I've always assumed it's the M Performance Package X's.
I gotcha. I don't believe mine has the Performance Package. I'll look again when I get home. I just sent Dinan a message. I saw the note stating that some 2013-2014 models were not supported. Mine was built in June of 2012 I believe. Will see what they say.
Thanks again for your help!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:08 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST