XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-30-2012, 06:01 AM   #1
jonboy1544
Rep
Drives: X5M

Tune

Hey Guys

Picking up an X5M this weekend and am putting all my mod plans together for it.

I will be ordering an Akrapovic exhaust, KW, and all other kinds of goods.

My question though is what do you think is the best tune out there for this car. I really am looking for one that makes the most amount of power with good drive ability from a reputable company. The hamaan tune seems to make quite a bit of power over stock, what do you think of this or are there better ones that I need educated on.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
Blitzblau
Field Marshall
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Black Saph Metallic X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy1544 View Post
Hey Guys

My question though is what do you think is the best tune out there for this car. I really am looking for one that makes the most amount of power with good drive ability from a reputable company. The hamaan tune seems to make quite a bit of power over stock, what do you think of this or are there better ones that I need educated on.

Thanks
I got the Velos Designwerks...it is a REALLY amazing tune. Get in touch with Omar @ Velos. He will take care of you. There are other good tunes as well but the customer care you get from Velos is top notch. My X5M is now a certified sociopath just from the tune. Sounds like you are already going with the choice mods like Akra and KW. Go get the Lux H8 V3 angel eye upgrades as well. Nice look. I also went to Bimmian.com and got rid of those tacky chrome kidneys and replaced with body color painted kidneys, change my roundels to body color and got "M" floor mats from BMW.

OH yeah...DO NOT pass up on a clear bra with rocker panels and rear fender flare protection at the very least. You will regret it.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
exfyvem
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzblau
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy1544 View Post
Hey Guys

Thanks
I got the Velos Designwerks...it is a REALLY amazing tune. Get in touch with Omar @ Velos. He will take care of you. There are other good tunes as well but the customer care you get from Velos is top notch. My X5M is now a certified sociopath just from the tune. Sounds like you are already going with the choice mods like Akra and KW. Go get the Lux H8 V3 angel eye upgrades as well. Nice look. I also went to Bimmian.com and got rid of those tacky chrome kidneys and replaced with body color painted kidneys, change my roundels to body color and got "M" floor mats from BMW.

OH yeah...DO NOT pass up on a clear bra with rocker panels and rear fender flare protection at the very least. You will regret it.
+1 i have velos too, its amazing
      09-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Different Ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by exfyvem View Post
+1 i have velos too, its amazing
Just saw this
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 05:38 PM   #5
Stickman
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M - F85 on the way

You can't go past Omar and the guys at Velos. First class customer service, and the tune......it's finally brought out the true colors of the M. The difference is astonishing.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #6
Phipsibear42
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

Garage List
All the goodies

Yea man, ur on the right path. I have the Active tune on mine and I'm happy with it. Velos is definitely a very reputable company, and their tune is also very good from what I hear, and Omar is all over these threads like white on rice lol

I've had a very good experience with AA. They are also very good with cyst service, just ask or Andy. He's on these forums too.

If Omar throws me a deal, I may just try out the Velos tune too
      09-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #7
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phipsibear42 View Post
Yea man, ur on the right path. I have the Active tune on mine and I'm happy with it. Velos is definitely a very reputable company, and their tune is also very good from what I hear, and Omar is all over these threads like white on rice lol

I've had a very good experience with AA. They are also very good with cyst service, just ask or Andy. He's on these forums too.

hi
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 05:05 AM   #8
VRS X5M
Cessna Driver
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Gran Coupe ZCP

I'm going with ESS myself.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #9
Phipsibear42
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

Garage List
Hi Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phipsibear42 View Post

hi
Hey Omar,

My company will be at SEMA as well. Will u be attending? I saw the special pricing for the show, and it's a great deal.

Let me know, and we can speak in person at SEMA if possible.
      10-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #10
Jimshorts
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar@VelosDesignwerks View Post
Just saw this
Hey Omar what are the people running on your tune alone. Anyone come back with track times? I dont pay attention to dynos because everyone has different dynos with different settings. Only true way to tell how these things perform is to take them to the track and get some times.

Im currently running a tune from Eurocharged and was able to get a 12.35@112 so far after having a PB of 12.68@109 bone stock at the same track. I know there is a bit more left in it.
      10-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #11
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimshorts View Post
Hey Omar what are the people running on your tune alone. Anyone come back with track times? I dont pay attention to dynos because everyone has different dynos with different settings. Only true way to tell how these things perform is to take them to the track and get some times.

Im currently running a tune from Eurocharged and was able to get a 12.35@112 so far after having a PB of 12.68@109 bone stock at the same track. I know there is a bit more left in it.
Jim,

Not many get to the track because of location or whatever. Had a guy in January in a Blue X5M on 22's run high 12.1 or 12.2. Told him to head back with stocks but he had this "dream" of breaking into the 11's on 22 inch wheels
Appreciate 0