XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

01-11-2017, 12:03 PM   #23
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by the6M3 View Post
That new design guy at BMW seems to be sabotaging from the inside out. Jesus, these are some horrible designs. Nasty elongated headlights. Gargantuan grills. Not one line on these new BMWs is harmonic or smooth, there's no flow to the car's body. It's just a bunch of random design elements smashed together.
And one long look, front to back, of the X2 Concept refutes everything you just said. Even the lower rear valance, while ugly, fits the car's flow and intent.

I'm not going to disagree that production BMWs need help, and the new 7 Series and 5 Series are not good starts -- and, by the way, that 'new guy' at BMW (I assume you're talking about Karim Habib) has been there almost 5 years and penned the X6 and 6 Series, so he's hardly 'new'.

For me, what the X2 and Z5 end up being in production form will be most telling for BMW's design future.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 12:06 PM   #24
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Quote:
That new design guy at BMW seems to be sabotaging from the inside out. Jesus, these are some horrible designs. Nasty elongated headlights. Gargantuan grills. Not one line on these new BMWs is harmonic or smooth, there's no flow to the car's body. It's just a bunch of random design elements smashed together.
And one long look, front to back, of the X2 Concept refutes everything you just said. Even the lower rear valance, while ugly, fits the car's flow and intent.

I'm not going to disagree that production BMWs need help, and the new 7 Series and 5 Series are not good starts -- and, by the way, that 'new guy' at BMW (I assume you're talking about Karim Habib) has been there almost 5 years and penned the X6 and 6 Series, so he's hardly 'new'.

For me, what the X2 and Z5 end up being in production form will be most telling for BMW's design future.
Keyword: Concept.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 12:14 PM   #25
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Keyword: Concept.
Not gonna argue with that, as the last sentence of my post points out.
Appreciate 0